Carrier Sales at NEXT Trucking
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:30 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, September 26, 2019
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
Without capacity, all the sales in the world won’t matter...that’s where you come in. As a NEXT Carrier Sales Rep, you will help us quickly scale our Carrier capacity to guarantee we are able to cover 100% of our Shippers’ loads. You will proactively source new carriers, then manage the relationship with your carriers, increasing their engagement with NEXT over time, while ensuring they are consistently providing capacity at a competitive price point. This role is critical to our success...we look forward to having you on our team!
What You'll Do:
- Develop new and grow existing carrier relationships (lead generation, cold calling, referrals)
- Build strong relationships with trucking company key contacts (owner ops, dispatchers)
- Maintain constant contact with new carriers to secure truck capacity and manage existing business arrangements
- Educate and train new carriers on our technology platform
- Identify issues and work cross-functionally to determine and implement the best solution
- Serve as a partner to our operations and sales teams, anticipating challenges and presenting solutions to support business objectives
What You'll Have:
- 1+ year in carrier sales or an SDR role
- Ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills...while staying detail oriented
- Ability to collaborate and work with a highly diverse set partners
- Identify and resolve problems in a collaborative manner and offer solutions to clients
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Bilingual is a plus
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description