Carrier Sales Representative at NEXT Trucking
About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As a Carrier Sales Representative you will play a crucial role at NEXT Trucking by identifying, sourcing and developing strong business relationships with service providers to achieve maximum profitability and customer satisfaction.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and manage a network of carriers to ensure adequate capacity for their assigned market
- Work with onboarding teams to maintain carrier contracts and files so they remain current
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality
- Cultivate relationships with carriers to ensure a consistent pool of available resources
- Work cross-functionally with Operations, Finance, and Marketing to manage costs
- Source new carriers that Company is not working with
- Provide exceptional service to our carriers
- Vet all carriers thoroughly prior to onboarding with NEXT Trucking
- Be a brand advocate for NEXT
- Be a tech evangelist and teach carriers and drivers to use NEXT technology and communicate the latest product updates
What You'll Need:
- 5-7 years of Logistics / Sales / Procurement experience
- Drayage (port) experience preferred
- Ability to navigate through various online resources for carrier procurement
- A desire to be part of a company from the ground-up
- Understanding of DOT rules and regulations
- Book of carriers preferred not required
- Excellent communication, networking, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, results-driven
- Flexible ability to change focus quickly to meet the demands of market conditions and/or company needs
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion; able to function independently within authorized limits
- Highly collaborative with ability to work effectively with all departments
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Commission + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry