Carrier Sales Representative
- Manage and retain existing accounts with a zero Customer loss approach.
- Book available freight in a cost-effective manner: Source and negotiate with carrier base to move available loads.
- Manage, develop, build, and secure successful shipping and carrier relationships proactively.
- Identify opportunities for account penetration and growth, as well as, new business through analysis/discovery, cold calling and self-generated leads.
- Develop, foster and maintain customer relationships at multiple levels, be a customer champion.
- Qualify new carriers for proper authority, insurance, safety requirements and maintain proper documentation.
- Work with Managers to execute high level customer service and communicate customer problems, leads and inquiries to the sales representatives.
- Achieve personal financial goals assigned via creative negotiations and carrier search mechanisms.
- 3+ years relevant experience in a high volume 3rd-party logistics or Truckload Brokerage/Freight Operation.
- Ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal skills: speaks clearly and persuasively in various situations, responds well to questions. Write clearly and informatively, presents numerical data effectively and accurately.
- Problem solving: identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, work well in group problem solving situations and offer solutions.
- Negotiations skills: Demonstrated ability to negotiate and “broker” truckloads for maximum profit to company and necessary service to customer.
- Team work: balance team and individual responsibilities, give and welcome feedback, contribute to building a positive team environment.
- Strong PC skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), web-based and Windows based software and databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, or Transportation preferred or commensurate experience required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Next Trucking Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary and Bonus Plan
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $450B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating an on-demand platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and be able to have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process. NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised over $21M led by Sequoia Capital. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as C.H. Robinson, Apple, Idealab, Kareo and GoFundMe. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.