Carrier Sales Manager
We are building the future of freight
At Mothership, we believe in unlocking the world's potential through speeding up the delivery of everything people need. Started in 2017, we’re backed by some of venture capital’s best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today’s most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we’re looking for a manager with a proven track record and emphasis on structure and process to lead our carrier partnership organization. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As the Carrier Sales Manager, you’ll track, project and report on our carrier sales to ensure we maximize our efficiency while scaling rapidly. Once you’ve settled in, get ready to start the process of helping build and lead a world class carrier partnership team around you.
The ideal candidate is someone who has demonstrated their ability in building world class carrier sales processes and teams. You're someone to which carrier procurement uniquely speaks and through deep analysis you uncover important markers, discover new opportunities and help us avoid pitfalls.
What you'll get to do
- Work closely with the leadership team to build our carrier supply strategy across multiple platforms and help drive decisions that measure impact related to expansion
- Support new geographic, program & market expansion initiatives
- Work directly with carriers in real-time to bring carriers into the ecosystem and increase acceptance
- Work cross-functionally with teams to align with company priorities
- Identify and implement innovative offerings that will improve carrier procurement, onboarding and retention
- Hold the Carrier Partnership organization accountable for: load coverage, lane performance, call volumes and carrier development targets
- Facilitate and motivate teams to produce innovative solutions that meet customer needs within tight time frames and contribute to building a positive work environment
- We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Striking that balance can be challenging and this needs to be a strength of yours
- Act as an entrepreneur with the team to get things done with autonomy
- Find, hire and train exceptional carrier sales talent
What success looks like in this role
- Minimum of 5 years experience in logistics and carrier sales
- Minimum of 3 years experience leading a team
- Proven ability to succeed with minimal guidance, manage multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative under ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to innovate strategic solutions
- Strong partnership with Sales to build a healthy marketplace
- Sourcing new carriers, developing and managing carrier partnerships
- Strong accountability, work ethic, and sense of urgency
- Expert on carrier-related issues, market and industry trends
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong written and verbal skills
- Expert level at Excel
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred but not required
Perks and Benefits
Highly competitive salary and employee stock options
Full health, dental and vision (PPO)
Unlimited paid time off
Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in West Los Angeles
Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to? Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description