Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first fully 3D printed rocket and the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it. This is why we are growing and looking for team members to join us that feel just as excited and driven to accomplish something that has not been done before, together.
The Supply Chain Organization is responsible for sourcing, planning, ordering, and distributing the goods and services required to design, build, test, and fly rockets. Our team closely partners with functions across the enterprise to develop, implement, and monitor supply chain tactics and strategies that create a competitive advantage for Relativity Space. We’re a strategic function that will play a key role in scaling Relativity’s technology and business, so we’re looking for highly-skilled humans who are eager to challenge the status quo and build supply chains for the future. In this role as a Buyer/Planner, you’ll ensure that our supply chain operations are seamless by facilitating processes in our ERP application, coordinating purchase requisitions and orders with our suppliers, and building analytical dashboards to measure our function’s performance.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Manage ERP master data as it relates to Procurement.
- Create planned purchase orders and issue to suppliers.
- Monitor purchase order progress to ensure supplier performance is adequate and internal development/production activities are not delayed.
- Triage and execute purchase requisitions submitted by Engineering and Manufacturing (e.g. gather requirements, source, order, monitor).
- Develop analytical dashboards that measure supply chain performance.
- Solve challenging supply chain problems as they arise.
To be successful in this role, you must be a self-starter who can thrive within an ambiguous, fast-pace environment. You have experience working cross-functionally with internal functions and external suppliers. You’ve demonstrated an ability to pay fine attention to detail while moving at warp speed. You’re able to think critically to solve challenging problems. And you’re always seeking out ways to improve processes.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management and/or Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in a supply chain/procurement role within a complex, fast-pace manufacturing environment.
- Deep understanding of ERP applications (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Infor, etc.); primarily in the realm of planning and/or procurement.
- Extreme motivation to constantly learn and self-improve.
- Superb analytical, critical thinking, decision-making, and communication skills (even at warp speed).
- Experience creating analytical solutions with business intelligence tools (Tableau, MS Power BI, etc.).
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Competent-level SQL skills.
- New Product Introduction (NPI) sourcing experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer technology.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.