Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Supply Chain Organization is responsible for sourcing, planning, ordering, and distributing the goods and services required to design, build, test, and fly rockets. Our team closely partners with functions across the enterprise to develop, implement, and monitor supply chain tactics and strategies that create a competitive advantage for Relativity Space. We’re a strategic function that will play a key role in scaling Relativity’s technology and business, so we’re looking for highly-skilled humans who are eager to challenge the status quo and build supply chains for the future. In this role as a Buyer/Planner, you’ll ensure that our supply chain operations are seamless by facilitating processes in our ERP application, coordinating purchase requisitions and orders with our suppliers, and building analytical dashboards to measure our function’s performance.
What you’ll do:
To be successful in this role, you must be a self-starter who can thrive within an ambiguous, fast-pace environment. You have experience working cross-functionally with internal functions and external suppliers. You’ve demonstrated an ability to pay fine attention to detail while moving at warp speed. You’re able to think critically to solve challenging problems. And you’re always seeking out ways to improve processes.
- Manage ERP master data as it relates to Procurement.
- Create planned purchase orders and issue to suppliers.
- Monitor purchase order progress to ensure supplier performance is adequate and internal development/production activities are not delayed.
- Triage and execute purchase requisitions submitted by Engineering and Manufacturing (e.g. gather requirements, source, order, monitor).
- Develop analytical dashboards that measure supply chain performance.
- Solve challenging supply chain problems as they arise.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management and/or Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in a supply chain/procurement role within a complex, fast-pace manufacturing environment.
- Deep understanding of ERP applications (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Infor, etc.); primarily in the realm of planning and/or procurement.
- Extreme motivation to constantly learn and self-improve.
- Superb analytical, critical thinking, decision-making, and communication skills (even at warp speed).
- Experience creating analytical solutions with business intelligence tools (Tableau, MS Power BI, etc.).
Nice to haves but not required – if you do not meet all of these criteria, you should still apply:
- Competent-level SQL skills.
- New Product Introduction (NPI) sourcing experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: aerospace, automotive, consumer technology.
We believe varied perspectives & backgrounds strengthen our team. Prior experience in aerospace is not required.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning & Development stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.