Buyer at Golden Hippo
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Buyer who will be responsible for managing all purchasing functions at Golden Hippo. The Buyer will be responsible to negotiate and process purchase orders to meet specialized or complex needs. Make purchase decisions in accordance with company procedures and regulations. Analyze purchase requisitions and review for accuracy and completion. Collaborate with department managers to clarify purchase requisitions, identify departmental needs, and refine specifications for future purchase orders. Follow proper channels to obtain purchase authorization according to company policy and investigate and cultivate new sources for supplies and products. Research and prepare bid specifications and issue bid requests to several potential vendors and suppliers.
The ideal candidate is highly adaptable, can work independently, problem solve, and thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing, growth environment. The candidate will be able to operate with a constant sense of urgency to execute daily challenges in an efficient manner yet remain strategic and forward thinking.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- Opportunities for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Day-to-day order placement, tracking, and follow-up
- Serve as the vendor liaison for issue resolution and vendor complaint and participate in/lead supplier engagement activities
- Develop a sourcing strategy based on the evaluation of the business, external market conditions, supplier capabilities and financial analysis to meet both short-term and long-term business objectives
- Build customer relationships internally, providing timely and accurate information to the business
- Lead cost-savings initiatives that impact the business
- Identify and select primary and secondary suppliers
- Complete requests for quotes by identifying and selecting vendors and suppliers using criteria such as quantity and quality of commodities, price, and delivery date
- Explain and clarify purchasing procedures to internal departments as well as vendors
- Solve problems with orders in an efficient and timely manner
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Economics, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate purchasing, procurement, etc.
- Willingness to take initiative
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Strong written and verbal communication, ability to communicate, influence, and negotiate to deliver results
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of commodities in area of specialization
- Previous buying experience strongly preferred, or ability to demonstrate comparable knowledge and skills
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Ability to problem solve and provide sound business recommendations.
- Knowledge and understanding of cost drivers and ability to apply within negotiations, development of strategies and embarking upon cost improvement opportunities
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.