Buyer at Virgin Hyperloop
The Buyer’s role is to execute the day-to-day procurement activities in accordance with the engineering and supplier integration manager strategy. The Buyer is highly organized and detail oriented and is responsible for placing and managing purchase orders, ensuring product arrives as expected, and resolving invoice issues.The individual in this position will apply proven communication, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills to enhance Hyperloop One performance through supply chain execution.
• Create error-free purchase orders up to authorized limits for raw materials, parts, sub-assemblies, finished goods, equipment, tooling, supplies, and/or services from suppliers in support of internal customer requirements
• Identify the best value supplier by issuing requests for quote and analyzing responses from suppliers
• Review and manage open orders with suppliers to ensure product arrives as expected
• Resolve invoice issues and ensure that vendors are paid on time
• Support cost savings initiatives
• Adhere to all supply chain policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions including those regarding the procurement of materials, intellectual property, and export compliance
• Negotiate price and lead time for raw materials, parts, sub-assemblies, finished goods, equipment, tooling, supplies, and/or services from suppliers
• Review statements of work, prepare bidders lists, and manage the quote process
• Purchase from both MRP and project/purchase requests under departmental guidelines
• Provide constant, clear, and timely updates to internal customers
• Track individual and supplier performance against objectives
The ideal candidate for this role will:
• Possess remarkable problem solving skills with a bias for speed
• Learn quickly and adapt to new information and environments
• Be able to work with minimal supervision to follow through on assignments and meet deadlines
• Demonstrate organizational skills and accuracy, with the ability to prioritize job functions to meet deadlines and ensure smooth workflow and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Work well under pressure and with exceptionally tight deadlines
• Possess excellent judgement and the ability to make and execute on decisions for the holistic betterment of the company with little oversight
• Demonstrate integrity, respect, commitment to excellence, collaboration, creativity, and agility
• Exhibit strong customer service skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
• Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with frequent interruptions and distractions
• Address problems with a positive, creative, collaborative approach, always keeping the customer experience in mind
• Have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to write concise, logical and grammatically correct business correspondence.
• Have strong relationship building skills, and the ability to interact and work effectively with many levels of personnel and suppliers
Required Minimum Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Finance or other related field, and 2+ years’ related work experience in a manufacturing procurement environment
• Demonstrated skill and recent experience using a formal purchasing system
• Working knowledge of how to read blueprints/drawings, interpret specifications and review statements of work
• General understanding of the Uniform Commercial Code, U.S. Government FAR, DFARS and ITAR requirements.
• General understanding of enterprise quality system functionality (e.g., ISO 9000, AS9100, TS16949, etc.).
• Working knowledge of ERP systems and MRP logic
• Demonstrated skill in using PC with Microsoft Office
• Certifications preferred: A.P.P., C.P.M., CPSM, CSCP, CPIM.
• Previous experience in a start-up or high growth environment
• Previous experience sourcing
• Exceptional technical aptitude with ability to learn new part and commodity specifications
• Experience with financial & procurement control systems or cost accounting structures