Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
We are looking for a Buyer (Machining) to join our rapidly growing team in our Irvine, CA office. As a buyer you will be joining the Anduril Supply Chain team. Our organization works closely with engineering, finance, and production to ensure parts that compose our revolutionary products arrive with good quality, on time, and at a fair cost. You will help implement a sourcing strategy for machined, turned, cast, and other metal components.
This role provides the unique opportunity to influence development of our global supply chain, witnessing tangible results from your efforts as we deploy to customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and implement sourcing strategy for electronic components and PCB/PCBA assemblies
- Issue purchase orders for production parts using a Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Mitigate supply risk, documenting and reporting supplier performance
- Serve as internal product expert, providing sourcing recommendations for long lead and high-risk components.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives for cost savings, quality improvement, and on-time delivery
- Maintain strong supplier relationships
- Own the procurement process from cradle to grave
- 3+ years experience reading sourcing machined parts in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Ability to read drawings and blueprints
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience working cross functionally
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!