Buyer Development Director
OpenX is looking for a programmatic media veteran, focused on building relationships and strategic partnerships with agencies, agency trading desks (ATDs), marketers and consultants in order to evangelize OpenX demand-side products/services and influence programmatic spend in the OpenX exchange. Reporting directly to the VP Buyer Development, this critical member of the Demand team will have a great opportunity to influence the strategic direction of the company and cement our position as market leaders in the programmatic space. Success in this position requires passion for ad tech with a heavy emphasis on RTB, strong consultative sales and analytical skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-focused environment delivering against tight deadlines.
Develop existing and prospect new relationships with media agencies, ATDs, consultants and direct advertisers to accelerate demand for OpenX’s open exchange, Programmatic Direct and Real-Time Guaranteed offerings, as well as evangelize OpenX’s industry-leading position around Quality, brand safety and transparency; Drive best practices among team around account planning, forecasting, relationship building, and solution selling; Establish OpenX as the most trusted partner in the programmatic space; Provide guidance to clients on long-term strategy for effective programmatic buying; Serve as internal advocate for clients by identifying common needs/opportunities across portfolio of clients and work cross-functionally with other OpenX teams to bring those solutions to market; Develop deep expertise in the OpenX monetization platform to provide consultative guidance to buyers around how to maximize value from our partnership; Regular, accurate updates on client spend and client engagement pipeline; Present and engage at propriety OpenX events and leading industry events.
- Deep familiarity with ad tech, SSPs, DSPs, the programmatic landscape and internal org structure at agencies, ATDs, consultants and advertisers
- Expansive network of strategic and transactional decision-makers on the buy-side
- Passion for ad tech, with the ability to articulate the benefits of OpenX and programmatic to customer audiences of all levels
- Strong consultative sales approach
- Ability to lead all aspects for top tier buyer relationships – truly ‘own’ a book of business
- Innovative, outside of the box thinker with strong quantitative orientation is an asset
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-focused environment delivering against tight deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, strong business judgment
- At least 7+ years working in online advertising (agency, sales, etc.)
- Extensive network across marketers, agencies, agency trading desks and/or consultants
- Previous agency experience, preferably within programmatic
- Excellent teamwork and communications skills
- Highly organized, used to managing multiple projects to tight deadlines with great attention to detail
- Must have excellent skills in Cross functional collaboration
- Ability to travel multiple times per year
- Clear understanding of real-time bidding and programmatic buying fundamentals, particularly display, mobile and video formats
- BS/BA degree required. MBA a plus
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!