Business Development Manager - LA
We are on the lookout for a Business Development Manager who's focused on the details, passionate about execution, understand sales and how to apply that in a creative marketing context. You are naturally interested in Sales/Marketing/Technology and the ever-changing communication landscape.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for meeting with potential clients, educating them on our services, establishing an initial scope of work, and then fostering that relationship through ongoing campaigns.
While the core responsibility of this position is ultimately Sales, we aim to earn new clients through a demonstration of expertise, which is why our Business Development Managers tend to have a different profile than others doing "Biz Dev"...ultimately, we want people on our team who can listen to a client's marketing objectives & KPIs, and not only give a recommendation on how influencer marketing would work for them -- but also give the client valuable insights for their plans based on their own previous experience.
Responsibilities – What you’ll do
You will be responsible for selling our core services and closing new business. In this position you will have direct access to the executive team to help in supporting your sales goals. This includes...
- Prospecting territory working independently and together with the Sales Coordination team
- Continuously building pipeline
- Qualifying opportunities
- Leading team selling efforts on qualified opportunities
- Managing accurate forecast
- Closing good business for yourself and the company
- Smoothly transitioning new clients to deployment teams
- Growing existing client relationships
- Providing feedback through channels on competitive landscape
Requirements – Who you are
- 3-5 years working experience in strategic marketing and advertising sales. Doesn’t matter if it’s from the agency or SaaS side.
- Proven track record and achievements. The importance of referrals is natural to you.
- An insatiable curiosity and knowledge about all things sales, social, web, and mobile
- Results oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that values results
- The ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a team of super talented people.
- You are a natural problem solver and have a creative and fearless approach to solving and helping clients with their headaches
- A strong passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues
- Experience developing trusted relationships with C-level executives
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- A sparkling personality that will mesh well with the existing Relatable team (we love smart people with a dash of quirkiness and humor)
Perks & benefits
We offer a healthy mix of competitive benefits and perks, with the goal to empower you to do your best work, invest in your professional development and well-being.
- 100% healthcare and dental coverage
- New MacBook Pro and all the gear that you need to achieve your goals
- We’ll cover your cell phone bill
- Great co-workers that are pioneering the industry
- Being part of a proven, top performing crew that loves the hustle
- Office is 5 min walk to the beach!
- Responsibility & a fast career track - working in a fast growing company means that you can grow & develop faster than in other environments. Achieve your career goals in months instead of years
- We don’t have four pictures in our lobby with our “Values and Culture Words” on the wall - The people are our culture.