Our expanding company is seeking to hire a Business Development Manager to join our talented Los Angeles team. Reporting to the General Manager of LA, the Business Development Manager will lead initiatives to grow the Metropolis footprint in Los Angeles and beyond. Your job will be both strategic and tactical, vacillating between long-term efforts to secure massive, step-function accounts, as well as selling to mom-and-pop shops to effectuate growth.
The successful candidate will be hungry, innovative, charismatic, organized and obsessed with closing the deal. They will be comfortable working autonomously to meet and exceed market and company goals.
- Grow Metropolis’ network of parking assets: garages, lots and valet operations
- Pursue complex, high visibility accounts and develop high value relationships with them
- Work closely with the General Manager to develop and implement a network growth plan
- Prospect, qualify, underwrite, pitch, and close opportunities within the commercial, residential, hospitality, and travel space
- Work with our strategy, finance and business development teams to assist you negotiate and structure deals
- Leverage your local network to source developers and real estate owners with suitable parking opportunities where the Metropolis business model can operate and create value
- Craft unique and innovative contracts that provide Metropolis a strategic edge in the market
- Expertly manage an ever-growing pipeline to capitalize on the highest value near-term opportunities while keeping warm relationships that may pay long-term dividends
- 3-5 years of sales or business development experience in the real estate, hospitality or parking industry
- You're an owner, not a renter; you make decisions based on principle and the long-term strategic benefit to the company
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Must be a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and the opportunity to bring structure where needed
- You’re a self-driven salesperson who doesn’t stop until the deal is closed. You’ve mastered the science of presenting a value proposition while inspiring trust
- Sound analytical foundation and business judgment. Fluent in leveraging data to drive decision making and comfortable rolling up your sleeves to uncover business insights
- Highly charismatic and trustworthy. Success in this role depends on developing dependable relationships with growth partners
- Natural communicator and presenter. An excellent listener, capable of synthesizing disparate inputs into a clean, coherent, and compelling narrative
- Passion for cities, transportation, or mobility is a plus!