Business Development Associate, Mobile Apps & Game Acquisitions at Maple Media
At Maple Media, M&A Associates drive strategic partnerships and acquisition opportunities with mobile app and game developers from around the world. A deep understanding of mobile, mobile apps, ad tech, financial analysis and analytics is a must.
The Role: To date, Maple Media has developed partnerships and/or acquired apps from developers located in 25 different countries. The core function of this role is to identify, build relationships with, and assess high quality mobile app businesses, which fit into Maple Media's portfolio and strategies. There is a heavy focus and need for this person to have mobile developer relationships, mobile app product experience, enjoy playing mobile games, analytics chops and an advance understanding of the general mobile apps ecosystem - or willingness to rapidly learn.
· Identify new strategic partnership and acquisition opportunities in the mobile app space for Maple Media based on our strategy and buying criteria.
· Cold call and email prospects, and work towards building relationships in the industry.
· Structure, negotiate and close partnerships and acquisitions.
· Gather, organize and evaluate data, KPIs and financials.
· Passion for mobile, mobile games, mobile ad-tech, product management/development and driving overall growth
· Knowledge of the mobile ad-tech and ad-serving ecosystem and business models
· Knowledge of the game developer services ecosystem
· Proven ability to structure, negotiate and execute complex strategic partnerships that create significant value for stakeholders
· Great teamwork and interpersonal skills, including strong communication skills, a proactive attitude, and an embedded drive for results
· Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding objectives
· 1-3+ years of strong experience working on mobile apps, mobile advertising, mobile account management, mobile business development, or mobile game publishing
· Experience and comfort with the technical aspect of mobile app development
· Self-starter who can operate with minimal oversight
· Extensive database of senior contacts and the ability to network to get to anyone
· Knowledge of mobile app and game developers and who the key players are
Working at Maple Media - Perks & Benefits:
- Unlimited vacation, paid sick days & paid holidays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Kitchen fully stocked with snacks
- Dog friendly
- Flexible dress code
- Regular Happy Hours
- Great location in Century City, one block from Century City Westfield (restaurants, shopping, events) + weekly farmer's market
- Company events
About Maple Media:
Founded in 2016, Maple Media is a Los Angeles and Quebec based mobile media, advertising and technology company that acquires, manages, and operates mobile apps and games.
Maple Media's most popular apps include We Heart It, Tony Hawk's Skate Jam, Mazes & More, Puzzlerama, Snowboard Party, Skateboard Party, Blackjack 21 and Minesweeper Puzzle Bomb.
Maple Media recently raised over $30M in funding from Shamrock Capital to continue to acquire new app companies and plans to rapidly grow in 2019. Maple Media is led by industry veterans from Google and Jam City.