Tala is looking for an inquisitive, self-directed Business Analyst to manage data integrity, analysis, and metrics for our global Customer Experience team. Tala is a world leader in providing direct loans and financial services in emerging markets. We are a global team with diverse backgrounds who are singularly focused on using technology, data, and a customer-centric approach to meet the financial needs of the 2+ billion people of the emerging global middle class.
The Business Analyst will work within the Global Customer Experience department, reporting to the Manager of Customer Experience. You’ll work closely with other CX analysts and a distributed operations team to understand our data flows, using these datasets to create insightful, objective analyses that drive actionable staffing, process, and technology recommendations. Successful candidates will have a strong quantitative and analytical background; experience investigating unstructured problems and answering questions with data; and a history of creating dynamic reporting and data visualizations for technical and non-technical audiences. This role will work closely with Data Analytics, Credit, and Data Science to utilize additional application and customer datasets. Finally, you’ll train, guide, and develop best practices for in-country Customer Experience analysts.
- Create and maintain data pipelines to business intelligence tools used by the CX team to make key business decisions
- Identify anomalous performance, research root cause and propose solutions to optimize team performance
- Evaluate current data sources/systems/quality and make recommendations (maintain, adjust, migrate, replace)
- Create globally consistent, accurate, dynamic manager-level dashboards for key Collections & Customer Service metrics
- Assist leadership team in establishing team- and individual-level targets using historical, market, and partner team data
- Primary liaison between CX department and Data Analytics
- Develop roadmap for CX data/reporting projects
- Analyze and present recommendations/process changes/new initiatives to management using insights derived from operational data
- BA/BS in quantitative field (statistics, economics, mathematics, data science, engineering, etc.)
- 3+ years in a data-intensive/quantitative role
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated through projects answering business questions with data
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel, and at least one programming language (e.g. R or Python)
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or similar business intelligence tools
- Experience working across technical and non-technical teams
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience using GitHub, Jenkins
- Experience working in financial services/lending
- Experience working with an international, distributed team
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.