BDR Manager at NEXT Trucking
About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA, NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role
If you are a business savvy, critical thinker with a passion for achieving results, we have an exciting opportunity to join our team of business development professionals!
In this high profile role, the Business Development Manager will identify new market opportunities to contribute to customer acquisition growth, shipping volume acquisition growth, and financial growth. As NEXT continues to grow in the US the Business Development team is a critical element to identify and win new partnership opportunities that will achieve our growth objectives.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and lead a team of quota-carrying BDRs in both our Los Angeles, CA location, ensuring they meet personal and team goals
- Assist in quota setting, capacity planning, and development of hiring plans
- Grow the team to meet hiring plans through recruiting, onboarding, and training new BDRs
- Become an expert in our products and the industry verticals we serve, including nuances in messaging and value propositions for each vertical
- Develop training programs to shorten time to productivity for new BDRs
- Track and communicate weekly goals to the team to drive consistent performance week over week
- Provide day to day coaching & professional development, including 1:1 meetings and shadow sessions
- Empower team members to work hard and foster a culture of inclusivity and collaboration
- Optimize lead processing and flows, working closely with Marketing and Sales Operations.
- Work closely with Marketing & Sales Leaders to ensure lead quality, quantity, and proper follow-up
- Oversee all aspects of BDR sales pipeline creation, forecasting new opportunities and potential blockers
- Track, report on and manage BDR activities and results using Salesforce.com
- Design, implement and maintain a modern BDR technology stack, including Salesforce, Linkedin, SalesLoft, Groove, Talk Desk and other tools
What You’ll Have:
- 3+ years of experience in sales or business development in a B2B environment
- 1+ years of experience in a team lead or management role
- Well versed in email, phone, and social selling best practices
- Background of hiring, training, and enabling reps for success
- Expert at using Salesforce to track, flow and report on BDR and Sales activity
- Ability to track and forecast sales opportunity creation
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- A track record of problem-solving and continuous improvement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
What You’ll Receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry