Assistant Buyer (Temporary)
Loot Crate was founded in 2012 around a simple idea: put the awesomeness of Comic-Con in a box. Today, we ship some of the coolest geek, gaming, and pop-culture collectibles and accessories to a subscriber base in the hundreds of thousands (with no signs of slowing down) making us one of the top subscription box services in the world! We’ve assembled an amazing team of passionate, ambitious, impossibly nerdy people who cultivate our amazing fan community, provide support of the highest caliber, and generally just sit there radiating niceness. We’re always on the lookout for fun, hard-working new people to join our team and make Loot Crate even better.
The Assistant Buyer is an important part of the Procurement team, supporting the Buyers and taking ownership of key tasks. You will support the Buyer with vendor communications, including sending and receiving RFQs, production information, and samples. You will also be a key conduit for communication with the cross-functional teams: creative, business, and marketing.
Daily tasks also include attending development meetings and a full range of administrative and support: handling correspondence for development tracking, email and communication both internally and to external resources.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Understand the licensed product development process and timelines.
- Help maintain existing vendor relationships.
- Assist Buyers in sourcing and procure items for on-budget and on-time delivery
- Update and maintain the assortment planning documents
- Interface and coordinate with cross functional teams in various business functions including Creative/Design, Brand Management, Operations, and Logistics.
- Manage product development tracking, from data files to submitted samples
- Manage approval/comments between internal team and vendors
- Provide details and support during all meetings - have oversight on the ongoing status of all major purchase orders to ensure production delivery schedules are on track
- Be able to adapt to a quick change environment
- Experience in coordinating many moving parts between many teams
- 2+ years experience with Sourcing/Mfg and/or Merchandising/Retail Buying (multi/omni channel for direct/vertical retail preferred)
- B.A. / B.S. in related field
- Knowledge of procurement processes including RFP creation and evaluation, vendor selection, contract negotiation and execution
- Geek cred is a definite plus!
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with multiple stakeholders utilizing strong interpersonal skills
- Strong software skills: Proficient in Email, Google Sheets, Google Docs
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Must be flexible and adaptable, with an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision