Appraisal Coordinator at Better.com
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank and Compass. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is seeking an Appraisal Coordinator to join our fast growing team. The Appraisal Coordinator will place appraisal orders and track down status updates from the direct engagement panel of appraisers. This person will provide transparency to the Valuation Team as to where appraisal orders are in the pipeline. Additionally, the Appraisal Coordinator will assist in the management of the panel of appraisers. This includes vetting, account setup, account maintenance, and general upkeep of the database. Beyond producing high-quality appraisals and managing priorities, our goal is to build a process that will streamline the process and ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring appraisal orders to ensure compliant fulfillment and delivery
- Selecting the most appropriate appraiser for an assignment
- Requesting and monitoring quotes on complex appraisal assignments
- Providing status updates to key stakeholders on appraisal orders in process
- Addressing basic appraiser queries and identifying escalations for response
- You have 1-5 years of prior Appraisal Coordinator experience from a mortgage lender or AMC (appraisal management company) environment
- You are skilled at offering assistance in the form of clear and proactive communication
- You have the ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- You have a high degree of integrity and a strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.