In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
This position is responsible for a variety of accounts payable functions such as verifying and processing invoices and check requests for payment including assisting with weekly payment runs which include both electronic payments and printing of checks. In addition, this position will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of our supplier/vendor data information by ensuring proper procedures are followed for setting up and/or changing such information in our system. This position will assist with month-end and year-end close activities as well as performing monthly account reconciliations.
This person will demonstrate behavior that is consistent with the company’s values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
• Strong knowledge in vendor payment processing (invoices and check requests) with emphasis on electronic matching of purchase orders and invoices
• Strong knowledge of accounting, accounting systems, and company policies
• Prepares monthly reconciliations and identifies any major and/or old entries. Prepares and/or posts journal entries
• Maintains vendor/supplier records and make needed changes timely and accurately
• Assists with the verification of invoices through our automated inbox in Process Director
• Handles all electronic banking rejections timely and ensure proper resolution
• Participates in month-end and year-end closing process
• Monitors group email inbox and provides timely customer care and follow-up
• Assists in annual 1099 reporting and filing
• Customer care follow-up and documentation of implemented changes
• Other AP related tasks as determined by management and business needs
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 8 or more years of relevant experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Must work well in a team environment
• Must possess strong organizational skills
• Ability to multitask
• Must possess an understanding of 1099, W9 & W8 requirements
• Strong written and oral communications
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experienced functional user of ReadSoft (A/P automated tool) or other automated A/P systems
• Experience with SAP or similar ERP tools
• Experience with system implementation and/or process improvements
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.