Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Account Manager (full-time, salaried, regular) will create long-term, trusting relationships with strategic partners that enable the growth and development of new and current revenue opportunities. The Account Manager will
oversee and manage a portfolio of initiative offerings, be accountable for driving pipeline cultivation and will create strategies to deliver against initiative target quotas.
In this role, you will liaise with cross-functional internal teams including: Product Development, Marketing, Ad Sales, Finance and Business Insights to enable partnership initiatives and grow partner revenue.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage existing business development partnerships while working to expand and grow revenue.
- Arrange meetings and effectively communicate value propositions through proposals, presentations and product demonstrations.
- Develop a pipeline of BD, Syndication and Distribution opportunities through lead follow-up and personal outreach within existing relationships and prospecting.
- Create strategies and plans for achieving weekly and monthly sales targets and KPIs
- Model partnership opportunities to ensure financial targets aligns company targets and KPI’s
- Establishing customer needs, developing pitches and selling content / brand / product licenses accordingly
- Research the market and identify potential target customers.
- Grow and sustain strong relationships with existing and potential partners
- Help define processes around business development and marketing that drive desired outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet goals and objectives
- Attend, where appropriate, industry events in order to generate business leads.
- This position will not require supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2 yrs+ of Business Development experience in syndication, licensing, lead generation, commerce and content distribution
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated track record of consistently meeting assigned quotas
- Creating, negotiating and closing commercial agreements.
- Excellent negotiation skills with a proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
- Extensive partnership deal modeling experience with strong analytical/decision making and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and thorough, with the ability to connect to the "big picture" and understand key trends and levers that drive the business
- Good understanding of the automotive space, the challenges, the types of business and potential partners
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
- Up to 25% travel to be expected
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.