Account Manager, HD/UHD at Deluxe Entertainment
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in digital media and entertainment services across film, video and online content from capture to consumption.
Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post production, distribution, asset and workflow management and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs nearly 7,000 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide. For more information visit www.bydeluxe.com.
We currently have a position for an UHD/HD Account Manager. The position is located in Burbank, CA.
The Account Manager is vital to the Client Services department as the customer contact and liaison for order management. The Account Manager focuses 40% on Customer Management and 60% on fulfilling the customer’s orders. They are responsible for working with production to ensure the customers’ orders are fulfilled on time and defect free. Responsible for communication to the Customer and potentially the customer’s customer as well as internally to all other departments. They provide day to day support for all title/asset deliveries. The Account Manager must have intermediate technical depth so that they can understand typical UHD technical issues that arise in distribution servicing.
- Provide day to day support to the Customer with laser focus on excellent customer service and customer satisfaction. Communication and reports will center on order management and deliveries.
- Supply the Customer regular account statuses, such as missing asset reports, pitch schedule and delivery schedule.
- Work with third-party Content Providers and Customers, establishing and maintaining relationships, making sure that the Operations team receives assets and files on time and in compliance with policies.
- Clearly communicate expected delivery dates for titles/assets, via entry of ordered titles into internal systems, and Email/verbal communication for special cases and exceptions.
- Daily identification of title/assets which are late or at risk of missing customer-specific SLA requirements. Proactive escalation of these issues to the Content Operations team, and monitor the resolution/delivery.
- Elaborate and translate very technical UHD issues in a client friendly manner for full understanding.
- Coordinate with internal operations teams to ensure on time delivery of all Customer orders. Set priorities according the daily work schedules and delivery SLA (Quick turn, Next Day Air, New Release, C3, and other content types according the delivery schedule.
- Notification to the internal stakeholders of any client workflow changes, request to on-board new providers, delivery delays and programming changes. Responsible for escalating issues/changes quickly to supervisors and senior management.
- Accountable for OTD, escalation of OTD issues, and client communication of any OTD delays.
- Source and track monthly planners from Content Providers (Broadcast, Cable Network, Premiums, etc.), or Avails from Studios or POs from the customers.
- Work with Operations to ensure they have all asset required to process an order.
- Request missing asset required to fulfill an order.
- Manage urgent or high profile UHD orders with Production.
- Escalate if any order is in jeopardy for being fulfilled on time.
- Coordinate all asset acquisition with Content Providers and third party labs for on time delivery of all titles in a customer’s schedule (order) if applicable to assigned account.
- Work with Account Coordinator team to track daily incoming assets, ensure these are scheduled for delivery, and due dates are correct in our proprietary system (HAL).
- Alert Content Providers of any content not delivered to Deluxe prior to Due date.
- Advise customer of any content that may miss its start date due to late delivery BEFORE the due date occurs.
- Monitor the schedule or open orders list and check the accuracy, reconciling any missing information. Work in tandem with Account Coordinator team to ensure dates are accurate.
- Understand appropriate rate cards and the proper application of rates to orders.
- Prepare weekly and monthly status updates for key stakeholders on titles delivered.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
- BA degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively manage high quality UHD orders without error
- Some intermediate technical understanding of Advanced Formats
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to manage workflows in multiple locations across multiple time zones.
- Highly organized and able to work independently within their own process.
- Proven ability to design processes from the ground up to support an evolving business need.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Proven ability to identify the correct problem and solve it.
- Must be able to effectively document all processes, designs and data flows.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple priorities is a must.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Ability to listen and engage different cultures and perspectives.
- Positive, service-oriented personality.
- Ability to learn and process information quickly is a plus.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as required
- Ability to travel as needed by the business.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.