Account Executive at MotorTrend Group
Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
This Account Executive (regular, full time, salaried) will report through the Aftermarket Sale Group. This position will take a lead role in prospecting, pitching and ultimately managing multimedia campaigns once sold through. This person will act as a leader in that market as well as a collaborator. You will be proactive in managing all multimedia campaigns and one-off account projects to maximize account revenue and meet sales goals. This Account Executive should also provide continuous strategic guidance to accounts and find areas to upsell that align with MotorTrend Group’s advanced capabilities and offerings.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Managing existing accounts, prospecting new business opportunities and closing business.
- Ownership and implementation of signed insertion orders and all account related revenue.
- Managing client expectations of deliverables: reports, custom projects, etc.
- Generate initial deliverables list and timeline for each insertion order and review with all relevant stakeholders, internal and external; working closely with Integrated Project Management team.
- Manage the internal and external sales processes – from gathering assets to making sure all client deliverables are presented, approved and delivered on time.
- Analyze the execution and performance of multiple campaigns against internal and external expectations and raise red flags when adjustments are needed to meet campaign goals.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for all internal and external campaign-related inquiries; Treat all internal and external clients with respect and dignity in the course of fulfilling the requirements of the job.
Supervisory Responsibility:This position may include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide consistent training, support, and mentorship to team
- Effective, fair, and consistent performance management
- Fairly and consistently ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Bachelors Degree
- 5 years’ experience in media sales, marketing, account management.
- Prior experience with cross-channel media campaigns preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Self-Starter; Goal oriented; Persuasive
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Keen business acumen
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to identify problems and solutions, streamline systems and set standards
- Adaptable and flexible to meet demands of accounts and organizational change
- Must have a high attention to detail
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.