Greater LA Area
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time. Are you a self-motivated and gregarious sales representative that wants to make money selling an innovative technology? Do you want to join a high energy company with an amazing culture? If you thrive in a competitive and collaborative team environment then this may be position for you!
About the Position:
As an Account Executive you will have an opportunity to be a key strategic contributor. You will gain invaluable experience, and have the chance to showcase your acquired knowledge. You will take ownership of revenue generation, develop new opportunities, and manage your pipeline. You will work within your assigned territory to establish and develop a strategy for identifying and closing new sales opportunities.
You will constantly be collaborating with your peers and manager to develop a sales methodology that allows you to create awareness with your prospects, demonstrating that you are a thought leader in the restaurant technology space, so you can help restaurateurs improve their business by using the ChowNow platform. This position requires the right combination of grit, curiosity and the drive to help small business owners with their daily challenges.
Reports to Inside Sales Manager; No Direct Reports
Within 30 Days, You'll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Thoroughly know our customers, their needs, and how our product adds differentiated value.
- Drive your own deals through a full-cycle, inside sales funnel from qualifying to close.
- Confidently run in-product web demos for a variety of audiences.
- Own and manage relationships, including the nurturing of passive leads.
- Develop close relationships with other groups in our company – Marketing, Customer Success, and Product – and work cross-functionally to support top-level company goals.
Within 60 Days, You'll:
- Prioritize strategic opportunities and resources to maximize your own output.
- Hit and exceed your quota numbers.
- Understand the importance of reports and dashboards in SFDC to evaluate your pipeline and KPIs
Within 90 Days, You'll:
- Shape, iterate, and scale our sales strategy, taking initiative to improve the team's practices, tools, and content.
- Have dynamic new opportunities open up to you; choose to focus on new customer segments or new specializations in the sales group.
- Contribute to the growth of the team
You Should Apply If:
- You have a track record of consistent over-achievement in past sales roles
- You’re genuinely curious about people, local restaurants, and food trends. You enjoy building lasting relationships that enable you to build a book of business where referrals are the norm.
- You practice as hard as you play. You’re a market expert, you know your competitors, you’re up to date on the latest trends, you’re coachable, and you’re willing to put in the time to master your craft to understand how your buyer makes decisions.
- You subscribe to a work hard, stay positive and implement feedback mentality.
- You thrive in fast paced sales culture where changes are common and you adapt quickly.
- You are a fast learner when it comes to process and technology.
- You enjoy a competitive atmosphere where everyone is fighting for the top spot on the leaderboard.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary + Commission
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Open Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave.
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description