Technical Project Manager at Cie
| Orange County
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:30 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, April 2, 2020
Hello, is it Cie you’re looking for?
Cie reimagines businesses creating innovation and growth opportunities for enterprises and emerging startups. We are invested all the way through! We are a team of builders, self-starters and passionate pioneers looking for our next Technical Project Manager to join the team!
If you are a project management expert that is passionate about collaborating to solve real-world problems and build multimillion dollar consuming facing products….then APPLY HERE!
where you'll be in a year:
- UNPARALLELED EXPOSURE - Our venture studio model means we work with fast growing startups and established corporate partners, so you’ll be working with technologies across multiple industries. Every day will be a new challenges, but one thing is for sure - you’ll build a portfolio of interesting projects that will skyrocket the next stage of your career.
- HAVE A BIG SAY - Your thoughts and ideas will be heard, valued and implemented. You’ll proactively motivate the team through your insights and management expertise. You’ll have a seat at the table when bringing these products to life.
- REINVENT & RESHAPE BUSINESSES - You will be instrumental in reshaping entire businesses by getting our projects to the finish line. It takes real grit and a special kind of guidance to help transform instead of just build.
what you'll do:
- Manage all aspects of the project for product development, operating under agile methodology
- Work with engineering and design teams to estimate, implement, and build features
- Create and track documentation such as project plans, budgets, team decisions and outstanding issues, risk assessments and mitigation strategies to track and follow-up with action items
- Demonstrate a passionate approach to project management to establish processes and drive projects forward.
- Analyze variances by managing and reporting discrepancies to project scope, schedule, and budget
- Be the voice of the end-user; proactively provide customer feedback to internal teams
- Juggle curveballs as projects are full of unknowns and you’ll have to identify and work through potential dependencies and novel challenges
- Be a controller by owning your projects and know where they’re at every step of the way, so you can set your team up for success
- Be a partner to our external business teams will look to you to minimize the fires, translate code language and provide product updates to our exec team every step of the way
what you'll need to succeed
- A wizard in project management with product experience ie. have business management experience in launching consumer-facing software that touches millions of users
- Experience building products in an Agile project development environment, ie. know how to put together a schedule and work with the team to produce their best work
- Demonstrate experience incubating and commercializing new ideas by working closely with technical teams from concept generation through implementation
- Highly organized planner who can navigate software development challenges to deliver a project successfully
- Effective leadership skills to drive projects to completion and strong interpersonal skills to build strong relationships across functions
- Articulate complex concepts and communicate project status updates to the executive team and clients
what we're up to
- Coverage on our partnership with Wavemaker Partners
- Forbes Article: “How One Company Is Leading The Way In Corporate Innovation”
- BuiltInLA Article: “Looking ahead: The trends LA tech companies are watching in 2019″
- #21 in BuiltInLA’s “100 BEST PLACES TO WORK IN LOS ANGELES 2019"
what we offer:
At Cie, we’re looking for fun, bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive technology. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented project and account managers, designers, and developers.
- Health/Benefits: Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k matched.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: Frequent Team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner…
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered lunches, stocked pantries, fridges and unlimited coffee.
- Fitness: There’s an outfitted gym at your disposal.
- Location: With new offices in Irvine, CA, our beautiful open work space offers stocked fridges, snacks and is in a building with a gym for employees, free parking, and game room!
Read Full Job Description