Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
The Technical Project Manager role is an integral part of the software delivery process at Boingo Wireless. We are looking for a project manager that will be responsible for ensuring successful delivery of high quality projects, be a facilitator, and be able to do whatever it takes to get the project moving forward. This position will work closely with various engineering teams, operation teams, vendors, accounting, marketing and product management team. This position requires a strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Facilitate scrum activities, such as sprint planning, daily scrum and sprint reviews
- Identify and manage project risks
- Build strong communication channels with cross-functional scrum teams, service owners, product owners, and other departments
- Develop dashboards, templates and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business stakeholders with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports
- Maintain online reporting (Wiki) on a regular basis for assigned projects and reports
- Responsible for ensuring updates, milestones and changes are tracked for assigned projects
- Influence continuous improvement of the assign scrum teams/process
- Execute and maintain project management processes in an agile environment
- Must have 3+ years of experience managing the delivery of software development projects, preferably within a scrum framework
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a problem solver
- Must be able to manage a variety of concurrent projects, in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work with management, service owners, other scrum masters, and scrum team to prioritize work/backlog
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with confluence tools (Jira, Wiki)
- BS in technical discipline with strong understanding of web and wireless technology preferred
- PMP or CSM is desired, but not required
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks reaches more than a billion consumers annually. From airports and stadiums to universities and military bases, Boingo helps folks stay connected to the people and things they love.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the cutting edge of technology. (You can check out some of the awards we’ve won here. #humblebrag). But there’s no doubt the “secret sauce” to Boingo’s success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in having fun and staying healthy – think summer picnics, bowling nights, in-house yoga classes, costume contests, massages and food trucks. There’s also a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and an incredible benefits package including equity, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited vacation, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more! Plus our award-winning headquarters in Westwood boasts 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.