Technical Project Manager
Interested in the gig? Here’s a bit about you:
- You’re organized. Your friends and family have mocked your (awesome) personal productivity system. Someone gave you a labeler and colored pencils for your 10th birthday, and you thought it was the best. present. ever.
- You’re communicative. You’re a natural evangelist. You like to make sure everyone has the same information at the same time. You’ve been accused of being an over-sharer, but your coworkers know you’ll keep them in the loop.
- You’re persuasive. You have a high EQ; you really get people. People like you, trust you, and won’t snow you. You’re usually charming … but can be terrifying when required.
- You’re curious. You love solving puzzles, and figuring out how the pieces fit together. You keep asking questions until you’re satisfied there’s a viable way forward.
- You’re accountable. You deliver. You thrive in jobs where you’re on the hook. You crave roles with autonomy and decision-making, so you can be yourself and focus on the work.
JOANY Culture: What we look for:
- Judgment. You identify root causes, and get beyond treating symptoms. You think strategically, and can articulate what you are, and are not, trying to do
- Communication. You are concise and articulate in speech and writing. You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand.
- Impact. You accomplish amazing amounts of important work. You focus on great results rather than on process.
- Selflessness. You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas. You make time to help colleagues.
- Innovation. You create new ideas that prove useful. You challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches.
- Courage. You say what you think even if it is controversial. You make tough decisions without excessive agonizing.
- Honesty. You are quick to admit mistakes. You only say things about fellow employees you will say to their face.
What you'll bring:
- 2 - 5 years of titled Project Management, Program Management or Technical Project Management experience at a software company;
- Hands-on experience developing and executing complex project plans;
- Clear track record of delivery throughout your career;
- Clear track record of success driving projects in startup-ish environments;
- Direct experience working with Product Managers, Engineers, Designers and Quality Assurance teams;
- Quantitative decision-making abilities;
- Exceptional interpersonal and cross-functional skills;
- Experience with JIRA, Pivotal, or equivalent ticketing system;
- Direct experience building (and using) dashboards and reports for decision-making;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience with Agile methodologies a plus.
What you'll get:
- Beautifully Designed Collaborative Space in DTLA
- Competitive Equity and Salary Packages
- Full Coverage Health + Dental Insurance
- Open Time Off
Why JOANY We are a data-driven company with the desire to change the status quo of health care. Together with a relentless focus on customer service, we aim to make health care transparent and easier to navigate. Be a part of something larger than ourselves by helping millions of people across the U.S. get health insurance they can actually use. As an early-stage employee, you will be uniquely positioned to learn extensively while solving complex problems that are impactful to our customers and critical to our company’s success. Work with a team that values respect and emphasizes growth through mentorship rather than management. This is a great opportunity to leverage your skills to have a huge impact on the world. Your creative and technical expertise will directly help consumers across the U.S. get the care that they deserve. #joinusatJOANY