Technical Project Manager, Security at ChowNow
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:40 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, July 21, 2020
About the Team:
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 16,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As a Technical Project Manager for the Security Program you will be a champion for security and monitoring best practices primarily from our Los Angeles Headquarters with occasional travel to our office in Kansas City.
Specifically you will:
- Partner with the Security Architect to plan project roadmaps for Security.
- Develop project plans across teams as needed within the Product and Engineering department (DevOps, IT, Product, Engineering, and QA), as well as cross-functional teams extending throughout the company.
- Partner with project-specific stakeholders throughout the company to capture details and perform successful change management.
- Utilize lifecycle data to proactively raise risks and trade off decisions to key stakeholders. Actively mitigate these with scope control and resourcing.
- Identify and resolve all cross-organizational dependencies and potential blockers.
- Ensure all status materials and roadmap documents are compiled, aggregated and complete and remain well-maintained.
- Drive improvement and iteration on the Security Program.
- Facilitate iteration planning, progress tracking, retrospectives and reporting.
- Develop key metrics to track the effectiveness of the Security Program.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Learn about our sales and onboarding processes to understand the value ChowNow brings to local restaurant owners.
- Work with the Security Architect to identify priority projects, meet with key stakeholders, and develop a plan for immediate action, while curating plans for future development.
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Understand our current security and monitoring posture.
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors within the Security Program.
- Establish and monitor plans to ensure the realization of goals and continuous improvements in relation to compliance programs and security training.
- Perform daily or weekly reviews of findings from the Security Analyst and escalate to the Security Architect and CISO as needed.
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Present proposed project plans to product management and executive teams.
- Identify and execute on opportunities for more effective and efficient processes.
- Identify risks and apply mitigation techniques to ensure timely project execution.
You should apply if:
- You have 3-5 years experience performing cross-functional technical project management, preferably in a startup environment.
- You have 2+ years of experience managing or implementing a security compliance framework (PCI, SOC, or others).
- You understand and are passionate about all things security throughout an organization: best practices, testing, and training.
- You understand the basics of cloud infrastructure delivery and associated key metrics.
- You have excellent leadership skills.
- You like to solve problems and are always looking for ways to improve team performance.
- You know how to keep teams organized and on track.
- You are comfortable in fast paced and complex environments.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A “best place to work” winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description