Technical Project Manager, R&D
What if you could use your project management skills to help develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Technical Project Manager to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically under-served industry.
In the Technical Project Manager (TPM) role, you’ll work closely with autonomous R&D teams to drive engineering projects to their victory conditions by focusing on tactical organization, process improvement, communication, and situational awareness. You’ll drive efficiency by ensuring teams are focused and aligned, removing impediments, facilitating transparency, and driving continuous improvement.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate and organize large and complex engineering projects involving multiple teams
- Leverage an understanding of Agile, Kanban, and other Lean methodologies to increase team efficiency
- Help teams identify and define victory conditions, key milestones, risks, and dependencies; help teams define and operationalize execution plans
- Organize and facilitate team and project meetings, ensure that meetings remain focused and efficient and that key decisions and action items are captured and well communicated
- Maintain a birds-eye-view of large and complex technical projects; ensure that conflicting priorities or approaches are brought into the open and resolved or escalated promptly
- Work with other TPMs to ensure the group has a broad understanding of what the rest of the organization is doing; identify potential duplication of effort, conflicts, and synergies between project teams
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience managing projects at a technology company specifically involving development or operations
- Bachelors degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Experience organizing technical projects, preferably for a SaaS company
- Familiarity with Agile, Kanban, and Lean methodologies
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to coordinate work between different groups, facilitate meetings and work break out sessions between highly autonomous groups
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.