Technical Program Manager at Boingo Wireless
Technical Program Manager
At Boingo we’re investing in the latest technologies in wireless networking; form IoT, and Passpoint to WiFi 6, and CBRS. Our products and services are deployed at airports from Dubai to JFK, and LAX, as well as military barracks, and sports arenas around the country. We collaborate to create awesome products and services for our customer.
Would you like to join us as our Technical Program Manager? This role is an integral part of the software delivery process at Boingo. In this role, you will ensure successful delivery of high-quality interconnected projects, be a facilitator and assess how programs will impact the business. The role requires deft communication and interpersonal skills, to work with engineering, vendors, accounting, marketing and product managers effectively. We’re looking for a program leader who will have a positive impact on what we’re doing, and how we’re doing it!
- Manage and oversee a list of dependent, interconnected projects needed to reach the assigned program’s overall goal
- Lead cross-functionally to define high-level effort, resource plan, prioritize initiatives, and proactively identify and address potential risks/impediments
- Build strong communication channels with cross-functional teams, service owners, program manager, product owners, and other departments
- Develop dashboards, templates and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business stakeholders with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports
- Maintain online reporting (Wiki) on a regular basis for assigned program
- Responsible for ensuring updates, milestones and changes are tracked for assigned program
- Influence continuous improvement of the agile environment by creating processes that enable teams to move quickly and efficiently
- Execute and maintain project management processes in an agile environment
- 1-3 years of technical experience, including familiarity with Project Management and the software development lifecycle
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a problem solver
- Experience successfully managing lots of competing priorities and backlog for business line owners and product managers
- Successful track record working in a fast-paced, changing environment with multiple, competing priorities
- Experience working with management, product owners, other program managers, and scrum team
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies
- Self-starter but also collaborates well with team members
- Experience building and managing effective relationships across roles and teams in the organization
- 1 year of web and/or wireless technology
- BS in technical discipline preferred
- Experience with confluence (Jira, Wiki) is a plus
- PMP or CSM is a plus
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks reaches more than a billion consumers annually. From airports and stadiums to universities and military bases, Boingo helps folks stay connected to the people and things they love.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the cutting edge of technology. (You can check out some of the awards we’ve won here. #humblebrag). But there’s no doubt the “secret sauce” to Boingo’s success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in having fun and staying healthy – think summer picnics, bowling nights, in-house yoga classes, costume contests, massages and food trucks. There’s also a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and an incredible benefits package including equity, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited vacation, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more! Plus our award-winning headquarters in Westwood boasts 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.