Technical Program Manager (CSM) - Native Applications at Pluto TV
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
The Technical Program Manager will be supporting two of Pluto TV's Native Applications teams, who are responsible for building PlutoTV’s consumer-facing streaming applications. You will be working across several groups, including application development, backend services, and software test engineering.
In this role, you’ll develop a general technical understanding of our consumer applications in order to play a meaningful role in driving your teams to higher levels of agile adoption, efficiency, and delivery quality. This role will report to the Director of Program Management.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Organizing, prioritizing, and balancing the backlog.
- Participating in milestone and quarterly planning, balancing dependencies with the Program Management Office and setting delivery dates.
- Driving the execution of work within consumer product with a balance of speed and executional excellence.
- Actively identifying and removing impediments that may impact team velocity or deliverables.
- Working as a servant-leader within the team, using leadership skills to foster healthy and productive working relationships within the consumer product.
- Developing and maintaining a healthy working relationship with other functional teams, including data engineering, software engineering, test, and product.
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
- At least 3 years of commercial experience in software product/program management in a complex technical environment.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent certification required.
- Experience and knowledge in Agile software development. Agile certifications such as PMI-ACP, CSP, or SA are recommended, but we will consider those currently working in an agile environment.
- Adept with software development teams to remove cross-team dependencies, with validated experience driving those teams to higher levels of productivity and efficiency.
- Experience balancing expectations, driving partner reporting, and interfacing between a technical team and business partners.
- Solid understanding of agile software development best practices, and ability to easily communicate that information to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience using data to drive important business decisions.
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
Viacom is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.