Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world’s leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Google, Palantir, Rubicon Project, Honey, Canoo, and others.
Technical Launch Manager
Our expanding company is seeking to hire a Technical Launch Manager to join our talented team. The Technical Launch manager is highly proficient in installing cameras, networks and electrical and managing techs to do the same. They are action and solution oriented, always striving to solve the toughest problems through ingenuity and trial and error. They are the subject matter experts on our hardware in their respective region.
The successful candidate will be open-minded, resourceful, decisive, and possess a high degree of humility. They will be comfortable operating in ambiguity while maintaining a bias for action.
- Conduct site surveys to qualify new locations for Metropolis technology enablement
- Be the local expert on all aspects of our computer vision technology: license plate recognition cameras, the networks that feed them information and the electrical that powers them
- Manage a team of technicians
- Mount and calibrate cameras with a high degree of accuracy and diligence
- Build wireless and wired networks in outdoor parking structures and open lots using modems, switches, PoE injectors, and radios
- Bend and install electrical conduit in garages
- Run Cat5/6 cable 12+ feet off the ground outdoors from switches to cameras
- Certify cameras on behalf of the Launch team based on guidelines set forward by our product and engineering team
- Be prepared to find solutions to problems you and the team have never encountered before
- Diligently track progress and the completion of tasks and milestones using cloud-based project management software
- Collaborate across internal product, technology, operations and marketing teams to ensure the flawless launch of new sites
- Innovate Everything
- B.A/B.S or equivalent highly preferred; technical degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience as a field technician installing cameras, networks or electrical
- 1-3 years experience project managing teams of field techs
- Ability to safely handle tools and materials such as: ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards, cameras, and other similar electrical equipment
- Willingness to occasionally work in tough environments (example: hot sun, cold, etc.)
- Position may require working at heights including on poles, climbing ladders and stairs
- Capable of performing repetitive duties, including lifting, bending and standing
- Knowledge of drilling in concrete
- Experience trenching is a huge plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Must be a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and the opportunity to bring structure where needed
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees
- Ability to work independently and under intense pressure
- Willingness to travel 20-30% of the time
- Passion for transportation, mobility and/or logistics is a plus!
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits