Supply Chain Sourcing Manager
Supply Chain Sourcing Manager
sweetgreen – Culver City Office
The Supply Chain Sourcing Manager has 5 main responsibilities
- Value Chain: Build and maintain a robust and transparent food supply chain including but not limited to the coordination with suppliers to ensure adequate supply, the maintenance of quality specifications and the establishment of theoretical pricing on all items. Appropriate inventory must be secured from production into distribution.
- Product: Manage all supply side aspects of our wholesale food items. This includes our current programs as well as new products. Categories to be maintained currently include grocery, dairy, and equipment & supplies.
- Food Safety: Coordinate with our Food Safety team to provide any valid vendor information pertaining to the function of making our food safe to serve to our guests.
- Sustainability: Advocate for sourcing related decisions that further our commitment to building a new food system, which includes designing a radically transparent supply chain.
- Services: Manage the supply side of all supportive national services including but not limited to linens, chemicals, and knife sharpening.
- Three years of Supply Chain management including relationship management with suppliers and distributors, sourcing new products and suppliers, spec creation, price and service negotiation, and inventory management.
- Involvement in building an ingredient innovation pipeline: advocacy for innovative and sustainable ingredients, creation of ingredient specifications, maintenance of all vendor related data and certifications, strong vendor relationship development, and independently solving problems as they arise.
- Commodity market knowledge base: understanding how external market forces impact sweetgreen’s vendor programs, both directly and indirectly
- Ownership of a thorough network of national ingredient sources who are committed to both sustainability and food safety.
- Ability to represent and articulate the core tenets of the Supply Chain team in cross functional environments as well as with internal and external partners
- Multiple examples of RFP involvement that went beyond selecting the vendor partner for quantity, quality, and price.
- Passionate about creating sustainable sourcing solutions for all key stakeholders: our customers, our community, our producers, our distributors, and our company
- Proficient in honest, open, and effective communication with internal and external partners
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to transparently manage timelines
- Thirst for lifelong learning
- REQUIRED TRAIT – Commitment to building a more sustainable food system.
Some Expected 2019 Deliverables
- Ownership of national and select regional food + services at sweetgreen
- Build out sweetgreen’s vendor and ingredient approval process in conjunction with the Food and Quality Assurance teams
- Migration of all regional and national contracts to the Evisort platform
- Billing resolution process design between the vendors involved and our accounting function
- Work with the entire Value Chain team to hit the 2019 Food Ethos and Transparency goals
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.