Sr. Technical Program Manager, Acquisition & Insights at Zwift
About the role:
We are seeking a seasoned Technical Program Manager to steward our Acquisition and Insights portfolio. You will nurture greater visibility and facilitate effective collaboration between this group of teams and the rest of the organization. You will coordinate many efforts across the entire organization that ensure people can discover Zwift, learn how to get started, and become part of our Zwift community.
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make More People. More Active. More Often. The Zwift platform delivers an at-home training game that connects cyclists and runners in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny shores of Long Beach, California in 2014, we’ve grown to over 300 Watopians (that’s what we call our employees) and we have people in New York, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, and London.
Some reasons we think you will love it here:
We are an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops, game nights, and our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel. You'll be surrounded by awe inspiring people, even in your remote work setting. Although there are amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Whether you’re a current Zwifter, at the beginning of your fitness journey, or neither one of these, there is a place for you here. Different perspectives are important, they allow us to continually grow and evolve - One Zwift for All!
Did we mention that we encourage you to workout while you work from home? Zwift, run, yoga….we’re in!
How we’re handling Covid-19:
We are beyond grateful to continue to grow as a company during this unusual time. Our #1 priority is ensure the health, safety, and sanity of our current and future Watopians. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect.
Since March, all of our Watopians have been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate in person again. As you go through the virtual interview process, don't be alarmed if children or pets make a guest appearance. We won't think twice if we get to meet any members of your family. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the team, we will get you all the necessary equipment, hardware, and furniture needed to get you ergonomically set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Watopians including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH.
- Access to mental health & wellness resources including headspace, unmind, and Spring Health.
We care about you as our candidate too, so let your Talent Engagement Partner know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly. We are in this together and always looking for ways to enhance our new interview experience.
What you'll do:
- Manage the work systems that deliver the Zwift out-of-game experience that powers both the video game experience and the internal platforms that power our organization
- Own a portfolio backlog and roadmap in partnership with Engineering leadership for a Team of Teams that delivers crucial internal and product-facing technical platforms
- Build and maintain relationships with all internal delivery teams whose efforts depend upon our platform engineering roadmap
- Support delivery teams as a resource for deep expertise on agile, lean, and classical approaches to the development process, planning, and projection
- Serve as a primary conduit for communications and planning between the Team of Teams and the rest of Zwift across our Long Beach, Rio, and London offices
- Own the program management artifacts and events across a variety of tools including JIRA and Monday.com
What we’re looking for:
- Deep applied expertise in the agile and lean development process at both the team and Team of Teams levels
- Knowledge of a breadth of project and program management tools beyond JIRA, Trello, and Monday.com
- Experience with distributed development
- Experience supporting cross-functional platform engineering organizations, including their internal partnerships and customer groups across the organization
- Experience with advanced product and program management techniques like User Story Mapping, Journey Mapping, and Design Thinking
- Experience with support of live, mission-critical services
- Enthusiasm for video games, cycling, running, and other active lifestyles
- A Zwifter or familiar with the platform
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our Values to ground us and ensure we run and build a Company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then, can they thrive and do their best work. The Values we strive to live every day:
- Make It Fun,
- Elevate Teammates,
- Cultivate Our Community,
- Always Level Up,
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.