Sr. Manager, Project Management (Greater LA Area, CA)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role
This position will be focused on supporting the execution and management for key US and global strategic and operational projects within WBD. The position will demand very strong organizational and structuring skills, strong analytics, a high degree of collaboration/partnership with members of different groups and functions, including senior business stakeholders. The ability to independently shepherd complex interactions and situations is essential.
Your Role Accountabilities
- Provide project management and project leadership support
- Support Business and Corporate teams in the identification and structuring of issues/questions to be solved, and the subsequent structuring of a project plan
- Responsible for the appropriate pace/on time execution of global WBD-wide projects using project management skills and tools
- Define relevant financial and metric information and coordinate effort to ensure appropriate tracking
- Ensure that projects meet synergy targets, from both a timing and value perspective
- Manage cross-functional and/or business programs and act as strategic liaison, change champion, and communicator with all project stakeholders
- Create project status dashboards and summary materials to be presented to senior business/corporate leadership to ensure initiatives and program stay on track
- Manage multiple business/corporate programs concurrently and support multiple senior clients, typically at the L2/L3 levels,
- Support clients from a synergy achievement perspective as well as providing strategic direction for target realization
Qualifications & Experience
- 7-10 years project management or operational process leadership experience, media industry preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/production Engineering, Business Administration, Operations Management or related field or equivalent experience.
- MBA and/or PMP Certification preferred
- Requires strong leadership skills to bring senior stakeholders together and develop a feasible, rigorous plan for execution along with negotiation across business units when goals do not align
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Strong ability to manage complex projects, multiple stakeholders and articulate the dependencies and interrelationships.
- Strong business process re-engineering skills to include change management experience and the ability to articulate processes at varying degrees of granularity to different audiences.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to include the ability to articulate problems and solutions clearly, to conduct brainstorming sessions, etc.
- Strong powerpoint skills and demonstrated ability to organize information for presentation to senior leadership.
- Ability to communicate with and influence all levels of staff toward change (to include executive management).
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $109,900.00 - $204,100.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].