Sr. Coordinator, A&R Admin
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking a Sr. Coordinator of A&R Administration to be part of a very busy department and work closely with A&R, Business & Legal Affairs, and the Production departments that serve 6 major record labels.
If you enjoy spreadsheets, numbers, showing off your organizational skills, and assisting the creative A&R process from behind the scenes, this is the perfect job for you. Your days will include tracking important delivery paperwork, collecting and distributing audio, accounts payable activity, collaborating with artist/producer management, troubleshooting budget concerns with A&R, providing accurate and timely information to Senior Management and so much more.
How you'll CREATE:
- Analyzing and administering the recording budgets for an entire roster of recording projects in a variety of music genres.
- Managing all aspects of the Accounts Payable process in relation to recording budgets.
- Providing excellent customer service both internally and externally to all stakeholders throughout the recording process; ensuring timely payment, accuracy, and guidance throughout.
- Filing and processing of all union-related (SAG-AFTRA & AFM) contracts as applicable.
- Budget analysis, creation, and reforecasting.
- Manage Accounts Payable activity along with the corporate finance teams.
- Gathering required paperwork to ensure music is cleared for release into the marketplace.
- Liaise with senior management and A&R regarding the recording process and creative plan.
- Collaborate with A&R to issue Purchase Orders and authorize expenditures.
- Gather tax forms and union paperwork to ensure compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Prepare reports and project summaries as requested by various departments.
- Provide information as requested by the Royalties team.
- Assist the VP with monthly financial forecasting of project spend.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping for the purposes of proper documentation to indemnify the corporation.
- Collect, Deliver and vault audio masters for each project.
Bring your VIBE:
- Able to quickly gain proficiency in the proprietary systems (i.e., Uniport, R2 label copy system and Studio Hub).
- Excellent understanding of basic Accounts Payable procedures.
- Familiarity with budgeting, preferably in the recording industry.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets).
- Solid data entry skills with a very strong attention to
- Superior organizational and time-management abilities.
- Ability to multi-task on several projects at once.
- Experience in an A&R Administrator or similar role. Experience in the music industry preferred.
- College Degree Required
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.