Senior Technical Program Manager
Our people are our most valuable ingredient at sweetgreen - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
Since opening our doors in 2007, our team has been on a mission to build healthier communities, starting with real food. We’ve been unwavering in our commitment to scratch cooking and transparent sourcing, but over time customer appetite and demand for convenience have grown.
In response, we’ve built and grown our digital ordering business, which is committed to connecting more people to real food through convenience and customization. But what we’ve built thus far is just the beginning, and we need to continue to innovate and evolve our digital ordering experience to stay relevant in a quickly evolving consumer landscape.
We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to own, define, and manage large scale, cross-functional, technical programs here at sweetgreen. In this role you will oversee a program domain as the technical lead, liaising between business, engineering, and other organizational stakeholders. You will be chiefly accountable for the on-time delivery of technical programs within your domain. You will succeed by anticipating bottlenecks, managing escalations, evaluating trade-off decisions, and working with Sr Product managers to balance business priorities vs technical constraints.
The appropriate candidate will have an accomplished career in managing large scale technical programs, and a demonstrated ability to deliver results closely partnering with multiple engineering orgs. You should have proficiency with Agile methodologies, and have experience introducing Agile processes to new teams and organizations. You must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment. You feel empowered by autonomy to prioritize projects within your program and are comfortable with high degrees of ambiguity. You can evaluate your program at a high level as a cross dependent piece in a dynamic environment. At a moment’s notice, you’re comfortable moving from high-level strategy discussions to individual contributions through diving deep to get things done.
- 5+ years of applicable program management experience delivering large scale technical programs, developing web applications and/or system software.
- 3+ years of solution architecture experience in infrastructure, database, and/or networking of highly available applications at scale.
- Demonstrated expertise in implementing organizational structure in a technical organization by defining roles and responsibilities.
- Proficiency with Agile methodologies, and experience introducing Agile processes to new teams and organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math or related technical field, or equivalent demonstrated work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or related technical field. (Ability to code is not a requirement for this role but foundational experience as a coder is a good indicator for success).
- 7+ years of applicable program management experience delivering large scale technical programs, developing web applications and/or system software.
- Expertise in Agile/Scrum/Kanban.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here