Senior Project Manager
Tapcart makes launching a mobile shopping app easy, fun and attainable for every brand.
The world of shopping will one day be powered entirely by mobile, made possible by our products, team and vision.
We are inspired by the future of mobile. We work to inspire that future.
As the market leader in mobile Ecommerce, we focus on providing great experiences for our customers and for mobile shoppers worldwide. Our platform powers the mobile apps of some of the largest shopping brands, including Fashion Nova, Chubbies, The Hundreds and many more.
Tapcart is trusted by over 10,000 brands to launch and manage their mobile apps. We were recently featured at Google I/O, Shopify UNITE and in The Verge.
Tapcart is building the future of mobile commerce. We are looking for an experienced and well-rounded project manager to help us organize, analyze, and prioritize product initiatives that will forever change mobile ecommerce.
Tapcart’s project manager will sit at the intersection of an amazing roster of team members across software development, design, and business strategy to serve as a critical linchpin of the entire organization.
Our ideal person can help come up with ideas - as well as prioritize, validate, analyze, and iterate on existing products/features using real quantitative and qualitative data in order to continually deliver the best possible results and ensure that quality features are built on-time. Imperative to this role is having a collaborative leadership style, building strong relationships to facilitate a culture of trust, and generating buy-in on projects from leadership and our team members.
This role will be pivotal to fulfilling our goal to be the largest mobile commerce company in the world.
What your day is like:
- Create and maintain product roadmaps and backlogs with team members
- Manage contractors and subcontracted teams
- Work with team members to manage expectations and ensure clear and precise delivery of products to market
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Preparing and completing action plans based on the product roadmap
- Working closely with Product Managers to ensure OKRs are being met.
What we are looking for:
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field
- Experience working with Project Management Software such as JIRA, Ora, Pivotal Tracker, etc.
- 4+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- Humble yet ambitious talent to prioritize initiatives that demonstrate alignment with our business strategy and our value propositions.
- Communicate priorities and drive consensus on the path forward.
- Proven ability to understand Tapcart’s strategic needs and deliver innovative products to align with these needs.
- Excellent experience in SDLC Methodologies; specifically Agile, SCRUM, Kanban.
- Experience working creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Monitored, tracked and controlled outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
- Experience working in e-commerce and/or B2B SaaS
- Experience working in a growth-stage startup environment
- Ability to analyze and interpret feature requests and convert them into digestible product requirements
What you'll receive in return:
- A fun and exciting work environment with a talented, tight-knit team
- The opportunity to contribute to exciting products used by a highly-passionate user base
- A position with real leadership and growth opportunities
- Benefits including healthcare and unlimited PTO
- Personal learning and development opportunities
- Working everyday at a beautiful office in Downtown Santa Monica
Our Guiding Values:
🤝 Teamwork first.
💁 Be your own customer.
📐 Think big. Plan big. Execute big.
💬 Provide transparency & clarity.
💯 Bring your “A” Game.
Who we are.
We are a well funded, young and growing startup located in sunny Santa Monica, CA 🏖. Our employees and culture are very important to us and as such, we aim to make coming to work fun, challenging and rewarding for our team. We know that doing great work depends on showing up with creative solutions to face our many business challenges. It all starts with having good people, and helping them grow both personally and professionally. We can't wait to hear how your unique skills and personality will add to our company and culture.
Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our careers page, and check out some of our recent features on Google I/O, Shopify UNITE and in The Verge.
Read Full Job Description