Senior Project Manager
The Project Manager is accountable for initiating, deploying, motioning and closure of project(s).
Some of these duties are:
- Responsible for the onboarding of project teams that will be comprised of multiple technical disciplines.
- Accountable for adherence to Project Management Office policies and procedures.
- Consult with other project managers on ‘lessons learned’ and ‘best practices’
- Inform and communicate to identified parties as required
- Responsible for planning and deploying multiple project delivery methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, CPM, PRINCE2 and hybrids)
- Accountable for collecting and reporting project data both structured and ‘ad hoc’
- Accountable for project resource loading, leveling and baselining
- Accountable for the creation and maintenance of project artifacts (charters, schedules, statement of work, budgets, deliverables, requirements, approvals/sign off, etc.)
- Accountable to document and escalated ‘risk and issues’
- Accountable that project plans and schedule are executable
- Responsible for creating and maintaining professional relationships
- Accountable to conduct, present or host project review meetings
- Organize and lead a large diverse team of indirect reports
The candidate for this role must:
- This is not an entry level position; the candidate must have experience in deploying multiple project management methodologies and operating a matrix organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to present information clearly, concisely, and accurately
- Communicate directly, openly, honestly and respectfully
- Confront issues openly and quickly, and tactfully communicate sensitive information
- Work in a highly collaborative environment
- Flexibility, relationship building, communication skills and time management are essential to success in this position
- Be willing and able to travel (local and international) as required
- Ability to influence decision making
- Strong experience in project management, project planning & execution
- Hands-on experience in a technical role
- Key contributor in projects composed of multi-discipline teams (Hardware, Software, Systems, etc.)
- Key contributor in projects across multiple methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, etc.)
- Proficient skill level with Microsoft Project, Primavera or equivalent.
- Expert skill level with Microsoft Office and Visio.
- Bachelor of Science; preferably in STEM field, Project Management or equivalent experience
- Project Management Professional Certified (PMP) or a subject matter expert in work management delivery methods
- Experience in aerospace, transportation or Systems Engineering
- Demonstrated track record of successful management on multiple projects
- Proficient understanding in portfolio, program and project management best practices
- Public speaking and reporting to C-Suite level audience
- Master skill level in using enterprise project tools such as Project Server, Project Online or other portfolio management tools