Senior Production Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
In every group of friends, there’s that *one* person who takes care of planning everything; from last minute brunches, to surprise birthday parties, to that one time you rented a giant house for Coachella. We know planners like you make the world go round -- and we want you to produce our content.
At Jumpcut, we create cinematic online courses with some of the world’s biggest influencers. Our founding team has years of experience creating binge-worthy content -- and now we are on a mission to interrupt the online education industry by creating courses for the modern world that are as addictive as your favorite TV show.
We are constantly testing out new content and marketing ideas; some of our recent production projects include:
• A 15 minute one-take walking interview reminiscent of Vogue’s 73 Questions series
• A 2 week, 2 team shooting trip in San Francisco to interview 30 startup founders on their experience for our upcoming course
• Shooting marketing materials in Kauai for a week
Our growth plans for 2019 and 2020 are already underway, and we are searching for a Senior Production Manager to join our core team!
You will be responsible for:
1. Production and Production Management. In 2019 we are launching 3 courses that you will be responsible for managing; the first of which is a course on Facebook Advertising. As our organization continues to grow, the number and diversity of courses will steadily increase. Your job will be to help lead the strategic and business planning of our production business, manage projects and budgets, oversee the production team, and execute on all logistics.
2. Scaling and Growing the Department. We have an amazing founding team, and we need to scale it. You will be responsible for helping build and shape the department further and developing growth tracks for your team.
Who you are working with:
You will be working closely with executive leadership and reporting to our CEO, Kong. You will also be working alongside a seasoned creative team of viral video experts who have generated over 1 billion organic views. Our team is still small (but amazing), and every single person holds a tremendous amount of input and weight.
For this role, you must have:
- 3+ years of experience managing/building a production team of at least 15 people on set
- An ability to identify top 5% of talent when it comes to: writers, DPs, editors, etc.
- A successful track record of implementing best practices, processes, and evaluation tools
- Impeccable communication, organization, and project management skills
Additionally, you may be a good fit if at least some of the following are true:
- You have directly worked with executive/senior level management on projects
- You have a stacked “professional toolkit” and network
- You have experience in film
- You are able to confidently lead, motivate, and inspire others
- You find organizing and complex planning fun; not a chore
Benefits, Perks, and Compensation:
We’ve got some pretty sweet digs, catered meals, unlimited PTO, and a full suite of benefits. Check out jumpcut.com/about for more information and to meet the team!
Compensation is competitive, and dependent on experience: $100K - $150K annually.
Read Full Job Description