Title: Senior Manager, Special Projects, Store Development
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Director, Site Development
The Senior Manager, Special Projects, Store Development is based in Culver City, CA and will report into the Director of Site Development. This teammate will be responsible for helping facilitate a wide array of strategic and operational projects/decisions that are prioritized by the overall Store Development Leadership Team (Real Estate, Design, Construction, Facilities). Examples of strategic projects/priorities this teammate will be expected to lead include (but are not limited to) executing cross-functional research and development projects focused on transforming the in-store experience of sweetgreen, defining R+D research plans, implementing organization-wide tests + analyzing research results to make recommendations impacting the direction of SG.
Core Work Activities
- Project Management: Manages the complete lifecycle of moderately-to-highly complex store development projects ensuring adherence to timeline, scope, and budget.
- Metrics + Reporting: Builds and manages Store Development dashboard(s), collects + analyzes data, and prepares regular reporting as well as recommendations on fleet implementation, risks, and ROI for Store Dev initiatives. Prepare monthly and quarterly reports to demonstrate performance across teams and Store Development progress toward goals;
- Internal Consulting: Provide support to Store Development leadership team, with special focus on R+D and Site Development, by developing reporting frameworks, and providing recommendations on key strategic priorities; Present findings and recommendations to Store Dev leadership team. Develop materials and help facilitate key pipeline / portfolio meetings in conjunction with our Operating partners. Implement and update (as needed) changes to infrastructure/enterprise systems to optimize Store Development efficiency, reporting and scalability.
- Testing Implementation: Plans, directs, executes, and tracks Design/R+D initiatives designed to transform either the team member or customer experience in-store-(e.g., field observation, customer intercepts, and regular communication with field teams to maintaining dashboard for regular reporting), including creating training materials + leading training during testing phase of initiatives and working with training team for roll-out if tests are successful.
- Vendor Management: Manages vendors and third-party relationships, including the sourcing of potential vendors, negotiating contracts, procurement of goods and services, coordinating prototypes and production timelines, and evaluating vendor performance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, + Other Characteristics Required for Successful Performance
- 7+ years’ project management experience
- 5+ years of experience leading and executing strategic and operational projects/decisions (e.g. top tier consulting firm / corporate strategy role / etc.), preferably within the restaurant industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication + presentation skills
- Flexibility, ability to react professionally and efficiently to changes in schedules or project direction without sacrificing productivity
- Must demonstrate strong strategic thinking and a willingness to lead initiatives through implementation
- 3+ years’ experience tracking, analyzing, and reporting data
- Ability to work and influence cross-functionally to meet deliverables
- Proficient in Excel, keynote/PowerPoint, and Tableau
- Ability to travel frequently and/or willing to work flexible schedule to lead and manage test projects
- Simulation software experience is a benefit, but not required
What you'll get
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.