Senior Engineering Program Manager
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
We are a technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation. Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
No two days are alike in the life of a program manager! It requires a well-rounded individual who is creative, thrives in an unstructured, collaborative environment, has deep understanding of modern software development practices, keeps laser sharp focus on business outcomes while being empathetic, and can distill complex problems into actionable work for multiple teams.
We are looking for a seasoned Engineering Program Manager with background in project and program management in SaaS industry. You will work closely with cross-functional leaders to define and deliver critical initiatives related to the realization of product roadmap.If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment, we would love to talk to you.
- Lead strategic programs and projects, from concept through planning, execution, delivery, and adoption.
- Manage cross program timelines, dependencies, decisions, and constraints.
- Ensure that programs / projects are aligned with business requirements and releases are delivered on time with quality.
- Own status reporting, governance, proactive risk identification and risk mitigation.
- Create, maintain and improve program/project management process, templates and tools.
- Track key performance indicators (KPI), analyze results, and ensure KPIs are met.
- Train and help team members to become better in program management and Agile project management.
- 8+ year Program/Project Management experience with at least 5 years in a SaaS company.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience.
- Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment.
- Experience in cost modeling, capacity planning and release management.
- Extensive knowledge of product lifecycle management and software development life cycle, including continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and across geographies.
- Strong sense of teamwork; puts team's and company's interests first.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Adept in using Jira, Jira Portfolio, Confluence, MS Office and Google Suite.