Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for an experienced & data driven Senior Demand and Supply Planner to join our Supply Chain Team. The Planner will be responsible for finished goods production planning at co-manufacturing partners, components inventory planning and the management of finished goods inventory coverage at both warehouse locations. The Planner will lead forecasting efforts and inventory management to support Golden Hippo’s sales goals and optimize inventory levels.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Use forecast and supply programs/tools to ensure supply of finished good items to maintain target inventory levels at multiple warehouse locations.
- Forecast and plan weekly finished good production, inventory on hand, orders in transit and customer orders.
- Lead Open Order Calls with Co-manufacturers to ensure requested delivery dates are met and monitor weekly updates provided.
- Work closely with transportation team to know when the product is shipping and communicate to the business as needed.
- Utilize and suggest improvements to analytical tools and processes to support forecast development.
- Effectively communicate with co-manufacturing partners of supply needs and any changes to production requirements.
- Lead regular meetings with various commercial groups to enrich forecast and supply planning (Media Planning, Copywriting, Product Development, etc.).
- Monitor and improve finished good waste due to aged material, develop KPIs and target measures.
- Work within Supply Chain and with cross-functional partners to successfully execute launch of new items.
- Partner with Supply Chain Analyst to use/develop reports for strategic planning (Inventory Reports, Vendor Scorecard,etc.).
- Support Product Development team for product launches with production planning updates.
- Act as a liaison between the company and vendors.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 4+ years of experience in general purchasing or planning required
- Required Education: BA/BS in Business, Supply Chain, Mathematics, Engineering or other related fieldRelationship Building
- Preferred Licensure/ Certification: APICS, additional Supply Chain Certification
- Planning experience with an emphasis on nutritional supplements and/or cosmetics.
- 3-4 years of experience with an ERP system similar to Netsuite preferred
- Analytical and strong technical skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Ability to work independently
- Strategic and forward thinking
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo is an equal opportunity employer.