Location: CA, IL, MN, NV, NY, TN, TX, UT, WA
TeleSign is a cloud communications company that is redefining the way the largest brands in the world protect, connect, and engage with their users. With an innovative suite of APIs, enhanced by data intelligence and Machine Learning, TeleSign delivers communication, verification and Mobile Identity solutions that have been used by almost everyone around the world. In business for more than a decade, profitable and located in the heart of Silicon Beach with panoramic views of the ocean and Hollywood sign, there is no better place to evolve and grow your career.
TeleSign is looking for an experienced Scrum Master to join our team in Marina Del Rey. In this role, you will work closely with Engineering by interfacing with team members and cross-functional partners to build products and solutions that successfully meet customer needs and business objectives.
- Serve as Scrum Master for multiple teams with a focus on promoting Agile values and practices as well as a culture of continuous improvement
- Facilitate team ceremonies including daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives
- Work closely with Product Manager/Product Owner and Development Lead counterparts to ensure user stories in the backlog are "development-ready" and that deliverables and timeframes are consistent with business priorities
- Track iteration status and resolve impediments or blocked user stories as needed
- Contribute to quarterly planning, project scheduling and release management
- Facilitate meetings and cross-team coordination to resolve dependencies, manage expectations and achieve alignment with stakeholders
- Ensure successful deliverable completion despite challenges of varying complexity
- Co-creates new ideas with the team to improve performance and productivity
- Document processes and help define improvements by working with teams to identify opportunities to increase efficiency
- Facilitates data-driven team analysis of metrics to identify trends and perform experiments for continuous improvement
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (preferably BSCS, BSEE or similar) or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience as Scrum Master for software development teams practicing Agile/Scrum
- Demonstrated end-to-end software development life cycle (SDLC) implementation experience delivering multiple high quality, customer-facing commercial software offerings on time using Agile methodologies
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders to build strong relationships across the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills with an analytical approach
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills with a demonstrated ability to inspire continuous improvement
- Data-driven analysis skills for measuring and managing delivery
- Experience using Agile tools and proficient in Jira
- Proven organizational, time management, planning and prioritization skills
- Tech-savvy and open to learning new things
- Comfortable operating in rapidly changing environments
- Experience working as a software developer or engineer
- General project management experience
- Hands-on experience managing projects that interface with external, third-party stakeholders and vendors
- Experience working with global teams
TeleSign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today’s unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
Our global team consists of the best and the brightest in the industry and we treat them as such. We provide a variety of excellent benefits ranging from the standard: 401(k) matching, free lunches, generous PTO, and flexible schedules to the not so standard: quarterly performance bonuses, in-house massages, our state of the art office with panoramic views of the marina and hills, and so much more!
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.
Telesign does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.