Greater LA Area
Core Digital Media is seeking an experienced and tech savvy Scrum Master to join our team. This individual will help drive the execution and delivery of technology projects as well as run daily Scrum Teams including coaching and mentoring across departments. This role is critical in our agile process and you will be working with business stakeholders and engineers to ensure we implement a strong Agile methodology in which we deliver what we plan on and create an environment of collaboration.
This position requires a leader, an individual that is self-motivated and who can bring clarity in ambiguous situations. You have a passion for Agile methodology, are excited to share your experiences and to continuously find ways to add value to your teams.
About the Job
- Serving and supporting the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to successfully deliver.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
- This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on how to get the most out of self-organization in order to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (aka grooming) and managing the product backlog.
What You Need
- First level Scrum Master Certification ( PSM I , CSM I).
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 year for a software development team.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burn-down techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum".
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
Nice to Have
- Second or Third Level Scrum Master certification (CSM II, PSM II, PSM III, CSP).
- Experience in Test Driven Development & Behavior Driven Development.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.).
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Lean, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Prior experience with Project Management and release management would be helpful.
Read Full Job Description