QA Back-End Automation at EVgo (Remote)
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is one of the largest public fast charging networks for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
Do you enjoy collaborating with a fast-moving, supportive team? The EVgo QA Team is a dynamic goal-oriented team of 4, seeking a new member to join them in building tests for mission-critical projects. We’re looking for an adaptable backend automation tester to help us automate testing for our a GraphQL architecture.
We are seeking an energetic engineer who is adaptable, a good problem-solver and thrives on a team who works together to encourage each other to work through challenges and find solutions and build tests to make a collective impact on our product and society with green technology.
- Design and develop test plans and strategies of our backend infrastructure, including functional, automated, and end to end testing.
- Contribute to and evolve our best practices and test automation suite for our backend automation.
- Work with other engineers to test our products across a modern tech stack. Our current stack includes React, Relay Modern, GraphQL, TypeScript, Node, and PostgreSQL. We rely on AWS to host our infrastructure.
- Collaborate with our engineering, product, and design teams to understand quality-related challenges and opportunities.
- Work with the larger development, testing, and product team members to improve product quality.
- Evangelize our testing practices during Scrum Grooming and Planning Sessions.
- Identify parts of the overall customer experience that are suboptimal (including but not limited to the product) and effectively prioritize and advocate for improving the customer experience.
- Communicate effectively across multiple teams/external vendors (Operations, Project Teams, Quality Assurance, etc.), as well as Developers, Scrum Masters, Project Managers, etc. across multiple regions and countries.
- Track and communicate the status of testing, bugs, test automation, and features in Scrum teams.
- Guide, provide direction and interact with offshore/nearshore testing teams for daily assignments and meet with them to review results.
- Pull in and work with other team members to improve quality and find solutions to challenging problems.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years in test automation
- Detailed oriented and quality first mindset regarding testing and continuous improvement
- Experience working on a large, diverse team.
- Experience writing, executing, and monitoring automated test suites using various technologies such as CodeceptJS, Cypress, JMeter, Jest, ReadyAPI, or React testing libraries
- Ability to collaborate with other engineering teams and work cross-functional team members across multiple regions and countries.
- Prefer experience with the technologies we work with (Node.js, React, Flow, Postgres, Amazon Web Services)
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experienced with Agile Scrum methodologies (testing during sprints, grooming and planning sessions, daily stand ups, and retrospective.
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs and GraphQL is a plus.
- Experience with testing mobile applications is also a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile Sprint Management and Bug tracking solutions such as Jira
- Understands database schemas and query tools. Able to write ad-hoc SQL queries to validate data, preferably using SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Experience with API tools such as Swagger
- Proficiency in source revisions tools, preferably git (e.g. Bitbucket, GitHub)
- Previous experience working with distributed teams in different time zones.
- Strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures, and programming practices
- Excellent organizational, qualitative, and analytical skills; ability to apply a creative approach to problem-solving
- Adaptable, a quick learner who multi-tasks while maintaining a creative mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.