Project Manager at Epirus
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:17 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, November 17, 2020
Our team combines seasoned aerospace engineering talent and Special Operations combat veterans to address 21st century threats. We embrace the best practices from Silicon Valley innovation, such as agile development. We also deliver breakthroughs in high-power microwave technology for offensive and defensive EMP, and artificial intelligence for enhanced targeting capabilities.
Job objective: Responsibilities include integrating with our agile engineering system to maintain schedule milestones and make sure agile sprints are mapping into schedule milestones. Understanding cost of producing the product, risk management, opportunity capture, and looking at resource management. Multiple scrums will be operating in parallel to accomplish the product goals, so keeping schedule and integration alignment across scrums is a key part of this role. The Product Owner will own the product and own the schedule, the project manager will facilitate and maintain schedule, and provide recommendations to the engineering team on schedule decisions that need to be made.
- Schedule maintenance and milestone integration across scrums
- Integrating agile engineering schedule with milestone delivery
- Ensuring CDRL's and customer deliverable timelines
- Understanding cost / resource usage
- Risk and opportunity management
- Supply chain interface and ensuring sufficient supply and supply schedule
- Facilitating program/project review meetings
- Providing weekly schedule and progress updates
- Opportunity capture and proposal shaping/organization
- 5+ years leading moderate to high complexity projects in either a project management or a senior technical role
- Expertise in developing and documenting project plans
- Expertise in requirements analysis & decomposition
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (future security clearance may be required)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative; capable of working across all levels of the organization
- Organized; comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Epirus was the magical bow with infinite arrows wielded by the Greek hero Theseus. Like our namesake, we strive to be fast, efficient, and limitless in our approach. This agility, combined with a culture of innovation in systems development, allows us to move quickly without losing the decades of lessons learned.
We have developed technologies that leverage new breakthroughs in sensors and high-power microwaves, combined with computer vision and advanced software control. Our first broad-market application is a comprehensive defense system to defeat offensive drones at scale.
Read Full Job Description