Our General Management function works cross-functionally across the business to identify, scope, and drive strategic priorities forward. In this role, you will use your deep knowledge of the business, along with strong relationship skills to maintain momentum and facilitate quick decision making. For strategic priorities heavily reliant on software, Product Managers serve in this role. The gap that this position will cover is everything else. You will be responsible for communicating requirements and decisions-made up, down, and across the organization. You will have access to various internal resources to develop data-driven insights that guide decision making.
THE PROJECT MANAGER HAS FOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project Management
- Create and communicate cross-functional project action plans
- Setting up follow-up execution of the created project and follow up to ensure that it continues to move forward.
- Driving Deadlines
- Reinforce value and “why” to be able to reframe the business case and communicate the proxy authority
- Grooming and Prioritization of strategic initiatives
- Strategic Leadership
- Gain deep knowledge of the business to understand interdependencies, tradeoffs, and business objectives of different functions.
- Have good judgment about what decisions are reasonable to make “on the field” and which require the next level to engage.
- Data-Driven Decisions
- Be able to work with internal resources to guide modeling, framework development, and digest insights
- Ask good question to understand
- Communications Conduit
- You will be responsible for communicating requirements and decisions-made up, down, and across the organization.
- Teeing up decision makers to make the critical decisions, ensuring they have the data, and context for what’s coming so they can be confidently decisive.
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Manage the cross-functional execution plan for the product line
- Support go to market planning and execution
- Develop and manage regular meeting schedules/formats
- Prepare documents for meetings and key strategic decisions; draft and distribute weekly email updates
- Ensure execution plan aligns with documented strategic priorities
- Deadlines met on key priority initiatives
- Departmental objectives and key results met (will be initiative-dependent)
- Meeting Release and Launch Deadlines
- Members Acquired
- Being a problem solver
- Creative enough to find a clear path through ambiguity
- Discipline to carry and shoulder momentum to deliver results
- Effective communication to stakeholders
- Thrive outside your comfort zone
- Must Have
- 5+ years in a professional environment
- 3 years project, program, or product management involving different levels of an organization, preferably within a consumer software/technology business
- Nice to Have
- Experience managing projects related to software development, release, and go-to-market
- Experience translating analysis into business decisions