Project Manager (Vehicle) at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Relativity seeks a highly talented project manager to support our avionics hardware development, software development, and integration into our Terran-1 launch vehicle and to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding project management development and integration of our avionics hardware and software teams initial development and integration onto our launch vehicle. This candidate will work cross-functionally with our engineering teams to help meet our tactical and strategic milestones. In coordination with engineering teams, you will develop project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, and clearly communicate ongoing progress.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Avionics Vehicle Project Manager, you will coordinate the teams’ responsible hardware, software and integration of avionics for our Terran-1 launch vehicle.
The ideal candidate is someone that is excited to coordinate the teams developing the hardware and software as well as integration onto our Terran-1 launch vehicle. This will include a strong desire to roll up their sleeves and jump in as well as to constantly explore new options to smooth the development and integration of our avionics onto our Terran-1 vehicle. They will have demonstrated skills in coordination across teams, developing and updating schedules and budgets, and clear communication of project wins, blockers and decisions throughout the org. They will strive to learn the ins-and-outs of our Terran-1 avionics development, and apply critical thinking skills to resolve conflicts and blockers. A successful candidate will be communicative, respectful, strive to find compromise, and want to complete the marathon that is launch vehicle development.
This candidate will coordinate with team leaders to flow company milestones to detailed team schedules. They will work cross-functionally with teams and finance to plan and track resource requirements, including headcount and budget. This candidate will clearly communicate issues and risks, implement corrective actions and mitigate risks as needed. Finally, they will help coordinate trades through final decision, and communicate these decisions clearly.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An engineering undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) with 2+ years relevant technical experience and 2+ years project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex and advanced electrical components and systems.
- Experience guiding teams of engineers to coordinate and integrate a complex, robust electrical system.
- Experience guiding resolution of blockers and issues, and helping to identify and mitigate risks.
- Hands on experience with either electronics or software development.
- Experience budgets and schedules as needed.
- Prior experience in project management tools (excel, Smartsheets, MS Project, or comparable).
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years project management experience.
- Prior work on a launch vehicle or spacecraft.
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment with rapid growth.
- Hands on experience with both electronics and software development.
- Experience with Smartsheets.
- Experience with budgets in excel.
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.