Project Manager (SVOD)
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
Project Manager, SVOD
Hallmark Movies Now is looking for a Project Manager to join its Product team in Santa Monica, CA. Reporting to the Sr. Project Manager. This position's primary responsibility is to oversee the technical deployment of cross-platform product initiatives as well as to scope out the technical feasibility of web and cross-platform product initiatives during the early stages of product development.
This job involves the following responsibilities:
- Driving effective scrum ceremonies including daily scrum, backlog grooming, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives
- Tracking and distributing relevant metrics and reports periodically to show team progress and velocity
- Develop and Execute project plans to deliver complex technology projects
- Coordinating with multiple offshore and onshore development teams
- Identify, understand, and track impediments; help remove them and drive improvements to optimize how the team works
- Manage risks, scope, cost, schedule, and quality. Ensure any changes are documented and approved with project change request forms.
- Communicate with regularity project status with stakeholders
- Act as a mediator between stakeholders and project team members
Who we think would be a fit…
We are looking for someone who thrives on bringing successful products to market. You might have worked at large top name companies, but you prefer small nimble companies with tight knit cross-functional teams that focus on getting stellar products to market quickly. You have the skills and experience, but you still love to learn - and you want to work with super talented folks to build great products.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of Agile software development methodologies, web and mobile application development, web and application programming languages and project management best practices so as to be able to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects.
- 2+ years’ professional project management experience with online, mobile, and/or OTT products.
- Experience working closely with developers to complete software development projects using Agile methodology.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts.
- Moderate to expert-level knowledge of Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence) agile tools to measure team productivity and report
- Experience managing external stakeholders and vendors.
- Demonstrable professional experience managing multiple concurrent projects, in a fast-paced working environment.
- 2+ yrs of experience using project management software such as OmniPlan or Microsoft Project.
- One or more related certifications such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- 2+ yrs. of experience playing Scrum master/Agile Project Manager especially in large programs involving multiple scrum teams
- Experience with cloud-based environments is desired
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or information technology (or equivalent) preferred.
This is a progressive role that will be filled at the level based on the skills and experience of the selected candidate.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we’re near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.