Project Manager - Operations at NEXT Trucking
Greater LA Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 8:00 p.m. (PST) on Monday, January 13, 2020
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enable freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As a Project Manager, Operations, you will manage our portfolio of initiatives, the operations backlog, and create flowcharts that will enable us to operate with speed and grace. As a master practitioner of agile and lean program leader, you’ll ensure that our programs and projects are delivered on-time and within scope. You have strong knowledge in working with cross-functional teams to deliver technically complex solutions to the business. You are able to communicate seamlessly with stakeholders across the organization from individual contributors to executives. You are able to motivate teams to give their best and provide outcomes in a fast-moving environment.
What You'll Do
- Create, and maintain up-to-date Operations initiative portfolio
- Deliver initiatives / projects on time and scope
- Create, groom the Agile Operations backlog, and execute sprints based on priorities
- Create best practices for workflow documentation
- Analyze and create workflows for process analysis and automation
- Continuously measure and improve Operations performance while facilitating new and efficient ways to drive bigger picture opportunities
- Collaborates with Engineering, Finance and Field Operations to implement efficient and competitive solutions
What You'll Need to Have
- Hands-on experience with Agile framework project delivery and leading SCRUM, preferably certified SCRUM Master
- Project management with both waterfall and agile frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to support operational requirements gathering,
- Familiarity with lean production approach to create ongoing process improvements
- In-depth experience with JIRA, Lucidchart, Confluence and Salesforce
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, and external partnerships
- Direct experience in transportation, logistics and/or supply chain
- Able to present clean, organized, concise information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Ability to work in ever changing, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Effective communicator with all levels of organization, including entry-level to Senior Management
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification or similar continuous improvement certification is a strong plus
What You'll Receive
- Competitive base salary
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Dog friendly office
- Explosive career growth
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
NEXT Trucking may collect your contact information, professional or employment-related history, and other identifiers which shall be used for the purpose of job applications.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description