Project Manager - Operations Delivery
Greater LA Area
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20+ years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Amazon, Apple, CH Robinson, Google, Salesforce, Snap, and Uber. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
About The Role:
As a Project Manager, Operations Delivery, you will manage our portfolio of initiatives, the operations backlog, and create flowcharts that will enable us to operate with speed and grace. As a master practitioner of agile and lean program leader, you’ll ensure that our programs and projects are delivered on-time and within scope. You have strong knowledge in working with cross-functional teams to deliver technically complex solutions to the business. You are able to communicate seamlessly with stakeholders across the organization from individual contributors to executives. You are able to motivate teams to give their best and provide outcomes in a fast-moving environment.
What You'll Do
- Create and maintain up-to-date Operations initiative portfolio
- Deliver initiatives/projects on time and within scope
- Create, groom the Agile Operations backlog, and execute sprints based on priorities
- Create best practices for workflow documentation
- Analyze and create workflows for process analysis and automation
- Continuously measure and improve Operations performance while facilitating new and efficient ways to drive bigger picture opportunities
- Collaborates with Engineering, Finance, and Field Operations to implement efficient and competitive solutions
What You'll Have
- Hands-on experience with Agile framework project delivery and leading SCRUM, preferably certified SCRUM Master
- Project management with both waterfall and agile frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to support operational requirements gathering
- Familiarity with lean production approach to create ongoing process improvements
- In-depth experience with JIRA, Lucidchart, Confluence, and Salesforce
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and external partnerships
- Direct experience in transportation, logistics, and/or supply chain
- Able to present clean, organized, concise information and data appropriate for the intended audience
- Ability to work in ever changing, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Effective communicator with all levels of organization, including entry-level to Senior Management
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification or similar continuous improvement certification is a strong plus
What You'll Receive
- Competitive base salary
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Casual work environment
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description