Project Manager- Manufacturing
The Engineering Program Management Office (EPMO) is responsible for Virgin Hyperloop One’s extensive portfolio of projects that are complex and challenging. These internal and external projects must adhere to the agreed project scope, budget, and schedule.
VHO needs a Project Manager to join the EPMO team to own the full project management lifecycle for the Manufacturing Engineering team’s work package. This includes being accountable for project management planning, initiating, deployment, scope, budget, schedule, risks, and stakeholder relationships.
Join the team responsible for ensuring VHO meets all program deliverables and together we can change the way the world views transportation.
- Work closely with clients internal/external resources to define project strategy, goals, deliverables, timeline and budget for various projects
- Oversee the development and tracking of project plans, schedule, project estimations, risks, and project deliverables
- Proactively solve day-to-day concerns and use good judgement to determine and assess risks and escalations
- Adapt and apply the delivery approach to meet project objectives and client business drivers
- Establish and maintain project communications and processes to manage scope throughout the project lifecycle
- Coordinate stakeholder and project team presentations and meetings to ensure all cross functional teams are aligned and updated on project timelines and deliverables
- Drive project deliverables and ensure all business and technical requirements are launched according to VHO’s Master schedule and plan
- Assist with breaking down business requirements into tangible drivers for engineering
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You are an excellent communicator both written and verbally and can present to all levels
- You are a high energy Project Manager with the ability to work well under pressure and consistently meet difficult deadlines
- Passionate “Go Getter” who thrives in ambiguous fast paced environments
- You have a keen ability to handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction
- You are an experienced problem solver who successfully improves processes and provides solutions that positively impacts the business
- You are task oriented and have a keen understanding of execution for Manufacturing projects within a sprint structure
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or equivalent work experience
- Multiple years of experience managing Manufacturing, Hardware, or Product development related projects
- Experience working with various levels of project teams and/or in cross-functional project teams
- Strong business acumen in project planning and management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite- Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Strong experience running sprints and daily stand up meetings
- Ability to create and manage manufacturing schedules to meet project timelines and needs
- Experience working on final assembly of products
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience using Microsoft Project and JIRA